Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:22:21 AM EDT
Anyone know how the last hearing on the 31rst went down?  Does it seem promising?
thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard how the last hearing went, I think it was opponent.  I did hear there were enough votes to get this passed however unknown what will happen when it gets in front of the gov.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess is Taft will veto it.  He has nothing to lose at this point so why would he do what he does not want to?  Just remember the veto can be overridden.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My guess is Taft will veto it.  He has nothing to lose at this point so why would he do what he does not want to?  Just remember the veto can be overridden.

Depending on how fast this moves, we might have a new and more accepting governor in office by the time this bill even reaches someones desk.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depending on how fast this moves, we might have a new and more accepting governor in office by the time this bill even reaches someones desk.

sorry for the hijack, when is the next election and who is running for Governer?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
All right, I'll bite...what is House Bill 347?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
HB 347 is a bill to clean up the existing CCW law problems such as the plain sight rule in vehicles  It's a good bill.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I haven't heard how the last hearing went, I think it was opponent.  I did hear there were enough votes to get this passed however unknown what will happen when it gets in front of the gov.

Those that spoke against were spouting the same old, very tired song of gloom and doom.  It was rather boring.  Rep. Hood had a few good exchanges with toby hoover, though.  :)

--
Mike
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
HB347 is the CCW fix it Bill introduced by Rep. Aslanides.  It will clean up plain sight, preemption, media access, and a host of other things. There were 3 hearings in January, which I attended all and testified at the first proponent hearing, which there were 2, and 1 opponent. No hearings next week. No specific timeline as to when it will come up for a vote, but with the introduction of Sen. Joy Padgett's SB252, which somewhat mirrors HB347, hopefully  that will hasten things along. Someone put on here about maybe it will hit the new Govs desk for a vote. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. If it is not signed by the Governor by Dec. 31, it becomes a dead Bill, and all the work we've put into it was for not. We start all over again!! Understand, the entire 99 Representatives are ALL up for election this year. Therefore, anything that doesn't get completed this year becomes a dead issue.
All of us leaders at Buckeye Firearms are working very, very hard on this one and several other Bills. Trust me, we don't want to start all over. There have been thousands of hours of work on just this one Bill.
You can keep track of any new happening with this Bill and several others by checking daily on our website and writing letters to your Senators and Representatives, and helping us get pro-gun politicians elected!
www.BuckeyeFirearms.org
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the boards Linda!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]
i hope that bill gets passed. it needs fixing big time....

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top