Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:28:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Like that No4Mk4 model.  Wonder how much they will sell for?  Remember going to OGCA shows some years back and they had arsenal refurbished Enfields for maybe $175.  Should have bought one then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the No4T, plus it takes M14 mags.

No prices.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the (T) too, but I wonder why they don't have the cheek piece with it. And I agree, where are the prices???

EDIT:

Found a price, $1,025.04. For that price I'd rather just get an L39A1 and a scope mount...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I love that little 762x39 No5 jobbie, I hear it's the cheapest of the models.

While I agree they are pricey, consider that they are 100% new production (no surp parts). That makes them expensive to make, and requires a whole lotta hand fitting to do like the real deal.

I'm sure if they were spitting them out like Savage bolt guns off assembly lines they'd be $500 instead of $1000, but that's not likely to happen.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You want a new Enfield? My buddy has one that is BRAND NEW in the wrapper. It was made in Ireland in 1955 and is the last of the real Enfields made. It is referred to as a Fazakely (sp?) Enfield. Comes with a bayonet. His price is $500 each.

I bought another one he had and all I can say is WOW. They really are brand spanking new.

Cincylance

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You want a new Enfield? My buddy has one that is BRAND NEW in the wrapper. It was made in Ireland in 1955 and is the last of the real Enfields made. It is referred to as a Fazakely (sp?) Enfield. Comes with a bayonet. His price is $500 each.

I bought another one he had and all I can say is WOW. They really are brand spanking new.

Cincylance

Those are the "Irish Contract" Enfields, and yes were the last No4's made by the British, 1956 being the last official year of production. Fazakerly, a British arms factory, made them for a contract for the Irish government, but unrest in Northern Ireland put a stop to the shipment, IIRC and they were kept in British stores until the mid-90's when they were surplused and imported here.

I have a '55, and it's awful pretty.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are some really nice looking rifles.  Makes me want my old Enfield back.  Would be nice to have one of those new ones though.  M4T model is really nice.  I really like the fact that it feeds from the M14 mags.  Wonder how reliable they feed?  Would like to handle one of these.  But, with the price tag like that short of hitting the lottery it is near the end of my list of wants.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cincylance

I KNOW I'm going to regret asking, but where would he be located?

I'll have to think it over, but I MIGHT decied I'm interested, sometime in the near future.

(got a couple of other projects in the works, currently and I'm looking to buy a house soon. Might run out of 'toy' funds before it get to it)

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Email sent.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top