Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:14:07 AM EDT
Does the berea gun show usually have a large selection of mosin nagants? I am looking to get a finnish m39 as these are supposed to be the most accurate mosin nagants...Do you think Ill be able to find one in good condition at the Berea show on March 4th?  ANd how much do you expect it will cost?  Im also looking to buy about 3 30 round mags for my ak as well as adjustable slings for my ak and sks.  For what Im lookin for, do you think it will be worth it to go?

Oh and one more thing, I believe it said you have to be 21 to get in, I wont be 21 for another 6 months, but if I go with a friend who is 21, will they let me in then?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you'll find what you want, and probably a few things that you didn't intend on buying also.....and yes, if you're friend is 21 they'll let you in....i took my kids, and had no problems......I don't even remember being carded when I paid at the entrance.....good Luck.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
hey man. Age is not an issue. I am now 26 years old and I've been going to gun shows since about 5 with my Dad. Never, ever have I been carded at the gates of any gun show. Now a days I also bring my daughter along ( she loves em'). As far as Nagants. Thats where I bought mine. There is always about 80 to 100 nagants in any building there. May I suggest though, there is one guy who is a private collector of nagants, who will have 44's 38's 91/30's of all origin. Since they are his private collection he usually brings about thirty of em, and they are all graded by number from  1 to 10 on rarity, bore, stock condition, things like that. I hand picked my 38 from his lot, which he had rated a 9. I swear its the cleanest, nicest bore, and stock Nagant I have ever seen in person. I paid about 20 bucks more than from some of the other guys. But it is a friggin tack driver and beautiful to boot, all matching numbers, sling, and acc. kit also. I walked away down 135.00 with the utmost favorite rifle of my collection.
As far as AK stuff...You can't make it down an isle without tripping and falling dick first in a pile of AK stuff...so that won't be a problem..
Good luck, cuz you are making the right choice with a nagant. Accurate rifles and you just can't break em or shoot em out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
how many tables will there be at this show?  How does this compare w/ the summit county one?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought this was considered a spring show being that it's in march?  Hmmmmm  any ideas on table numbers?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its about the same as the Summit county one.  It is however much larger in the summer.  The winter Berea show is very cramped as only two buildings are available.  I try to avoid it during the winter months unless I am really in need of something.

I went to the June show, last year and there were only 3 buildings open......if I had to guess on table #s, I would say around 75ish......just a rough guess though....I will be there on March 4th,(my birthday) looking for some new toys, I mean guns.........afterward, Millertime85 and I plan on driving to Grand River for some shooting pleasure......
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
when is this berea show?  is there a good website that shows all ohio ones?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top