Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
I have received 1 out of my last 5 shotgun news issues. Anyone else having trouble? I'm about to go to the post office and find out who is stealing my issues.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
it was me,,,, sorry
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You bastard!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had some of mine show up out of sequenceand in used condition.  I assume the mail carrier's wife gets tired of seeing it lay around .  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have had some of mine show up out of sequenceand in used condition.  I assume the mail carrier's wife gets tired of seeing it lay around .  

I've had the same problem several times in the past. My subscription ends in March and I am NOT going to renew it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I renewed about 9mo into my first subscription. They started the second one a week after the first was done.(1 missed issue) They also had me down for the once a month subscription when they charged me for three a month. Since then I have received 1 issue. Just got off the phone with the post office for the second time. (they put out a publication watch the first time) Shotgun news won't resend the issues, so I've spent half the cost of my subscription buying issues off the shelf. Missed 4, so they extended my subscription by 2 issues! I also will not be renewing. If I miss any more I will ask for a refund. I emailed shotgun news customer service on the 30th, got a reply saying they would contact me within 3 business days, yet NOTHING so far. -5 for shotgun news.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've gotten mine like clockwork, though I only have one issue left on my subscription and doubt I'll be renewing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've gotten mine like clockwork, though I only have one issue left on my subscription and doubt I'll be renewing.

There is a lot of repeat stuff every issue.  I figure I really only need to see an issue once every month or two to find out about new stuff.  The internet seems to be a much more efficient source of information about new parts/accessories.  OK for reading while sitting on the "can"...that's where mine resides...lol.  I do remember when SGN used to publish dealer prices on firearms.  It was useful back then.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Talked to them today, They told me my FIRST issue would be here feb 20th! I paid for this subscription in the middle of last year! Needless to say I told them to cancel my f'd up subscription, and refund my money. ASSHOLES!

ETA just finished my PAGE long typed letter to PRIMEDIA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
To whom it may concern,

I have been a subscriber to Shotgun News for about a year now. I enjoy reading the articles and purchase many products from the advertisers. I started my subscription in November 2004. I extended my subscription for another year on August 1st, 2005. While on the phone with the customer service represtative, I asked if I would miss any issues between the subscriptions and was assured that I would not. Up until this point, my experience had been positive. I was disappointed when my final issue of the year never arrived. I called January 3rd, 2006 only to be told that I would in fact be missing one issue. I was also told that when my subscription was renewed, my order had been altered from the three issues I had requested and already paid in full for to one issue a month. I was not pleased to hear this but I understand that sometimes mistakes are made. I then missed the next issue also. I received the January 10th issue and finally thought everything was straightened out. However, the next issue was once again never delivered. Upon calling Shotgun News, I was told that I needed to speak with the US Postal Service. I had a publication watch set up for my Shotgun News by the US Postal Service, yet I still did not receive the next issue. I contacted the US Postal Service a second time to inquire about the status of my Shotgun News delivery. The US Postal Service had contacted the local branch a second time to ensure that the publication watch was in effect. I was then contacted by the local branch and told that they had received issues for others, just not mine. This news was very surprising. I contacted Shotgun News once more today, February 3rd, 2006. I was told my subscription was starting Feb 10th, 2006! I was also told that there was no record of the subscription being paid for. However, my records show that it was paid on August 1st, 2005. No one had ever mentiong to me during any of the previous phone conversations that I was not going to receive an issue until February 10th, 2006. Regretfully, I cancelled my subscription today and was informed that I would receive a refund. How can you refund a payment that you have no knowledge of? I am very disappointed, as this publication is one that I look forward to receiving. This is NOT the type of service I expected when I renewed my subscription early. I have spent a large portion of my subscription price buying issues that were never received. I was greatly inconvienced by this and was never offered replacement issues. The only compensation offered was a two issue extention for my multiple missing issues. I feel that I have received less than acceptable customer service from the staff at Shotgun News. I am writing you in hopes that you can improve the service for future customers, as this is a greatly needed publication. Unfortunately, you have already lost the business of this patient customer.

Contact info Edited

Anyone have anything to add?

ETA I would like to be more blunt, but thought that a calm clearheaded response was more apropriate since this will be the first time the managent has heard anything.

Feel free to link to this post in other areas.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel lucky as I haven't missed an issue over the last couple of years.  

That said, I'll probably not see one for the next two months.  

--
Mike
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I recieved both the Feb 10th and Feb 20th issues today.  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Still no reply from the letter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
My buddy just gives me his when his is done with them.  Then I use them to line the bottom of my snake cage that about all there good for.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Still no refund, I was told they would prosses it on the 15th (yesterday).
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top