Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/28/2006 11:09:15 AM EDT
Can anyone in Wood, Sandusky Co help guid me through the hoops to obtain a suppressor. If you reside in these counties how hard was it to get one
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm also interested in Ottawa county, if anyone has had CLEO signoffs
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Call and make an appointment to talk with your CLEO, either Local Police Chief or County Sheriff. Tell him you are looking at buying a Noise Suppressor for your Rifle and that in order to do that you need his sign off on your Form 4. Let him know that all he is signing for is that there in no reason that he is aware of baring you from owning one. Take a Blank Form 4 with you to show him. If you need one email me at [email protected] I have a pile of them in stock as I do most of mine on Danbrew's site. Title II, Online ATF Forms

I know Sandusky County Sheriff signs, don't know about Wood or Ottawa County though.

What Brand are you guys looking at?

Scott
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Scott will hook you guy's up!

Weazer
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Scott's my guy for supressors also. Waiting for my second one (AAC M4-2000) to clear with ATF. I live in Rossford and had the Chief here sign 3 for me (AAC Pilot received, AAC M4-2000 waiting, and paperwork for an SBR project) with zero hassle.

I will most likly have him sign a few more before he retires, because you can never tell what the next guy will be like. Hell I don't even think my Chief will sign in Maumee for people.

Also there always is the LLC route. I guy I work with has an LLC for his side job of rental properties, he is planning on transferring items to the LLC and avoid the fingerprints and CLEO sign off. Something to think about....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Scott just hooked me up.  I'm in Sandusky Co.  Sheriff Gangwer didn't bat an eye.  

My custom 6.8MM SRT can from Scooter308...

FYI Ottawa Ordnance is in Putnam Co.  Call Ottawa Co. Sheriff Bratton and see what he says...  That's what I did here in Sandusky Co.  Just call.  No need to cowtow and tiptoe around these guys.  They are either going to follow the law or not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm also interested in Ottawa county, if anyone has had CLEO signoffs

Talk to http://www.ottawaordnance.com/pages/1/index.htm he website is not the best but it has is contact info there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I forgot-  In Ottawa Co. The Catawba Island twp. police chief is also an FFL!!!!  He probably would sign a form...  I'll ask when I see him next.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I forgot-  In Ottawa Co. The Catawba Island twp. police chief is also an FFL!!!!  He probably would sign a form...  I'll ask when I see him next.

Please post what you find out. I've always assumed that it would be hard to get so I never bothered. A friend of mine used to be a Reserve Deputy and he had a hard time getting his signed from one of the Sheriff's we used to have. I know little about Sheriff Bratton.

Next time I'm in Bob Roger's store (Catawba Police Chief), I'll ask him if he'd sign off. I've talked to him several times and he fully supports gun ownership but on class 3, who knows.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please post what you find out. I've always assumed that it would be hard to get so I never bothered. A friend of mine used to be a Reserve Deputy and he had a hard time getting his signed from one of the Sheriff's we used to have. I know little about Sheriff Bratton.

Next time I'm in Bob Roger's store (Catawba Police Chief), I'll ask him if he'd sign off. I've talked to him several times and he fully supports gun ownership but on class 3, who knows.

Where is his store?

I like Police Chiefs that suppport people's right to own guns. I'll have to stop in and check the place out, next time I get through Catawba.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is his store?

I like Police Chiefs that suppport people's right to own guns. I'll have to stop in and check the place out, next time I get through Catawba.

The name of his place is Catawba Sporting Goods and address is 2268 NW Catawba Rd.  419-797-2412. Best way to find it is.....

Take Rt 2 and get off on the Catawba Island/53 North Exit and take 53 North through both lights (past McDonalds, Ponderosa etc.). Past the second light, go down about 2 or 3 miles and on the left is Cemetary Road.

Take Cemetary Road past the Police Station/Fire Department to the stop sign (be careful, the speed limit is 25 or 35mph and it's past a police station ).

At the stop sign, look across the road and to your right and there is a house with a driveway that drops down. At the bottom of the drive is his shop and most of the time there will be at least one Police Car parked there.

Because he works during the day, he mostly only opens during the afternoons and evenings (I think most times he opens from 3:30 or 4:00 on). If you are in the area, you may want to call first to be sure he's open. Many times he's out fishing or something and doesn't open. He supports gun rights as well as CCW and is a nice guy.

Because he is a LEO, you may need to inform him if you CCW and many times there will be one of his Officers there also. Sometimes it feels strange to be checking out and bull shitting about guns with uniformed cops next to you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone out there from wood or lucas county get their form 4 signed?? who signed?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can anyone in Wood, Sandusky Co help guid me through the hoops to obtain a suppressor. If you reside in these counties how hard was it to get one

I received your email and tried to email you back but it bounced back to me as no such .yahoo email account it was generated by AR15.com and might be an old email address you don't use anymore.

Shoot me an email at [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anyone out there from wood or lucas county get their form 4 signed?? who signed?

Have you checked with Steve @ ADCO?

adcofirearms.com

Just a thought.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top