Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:27:34 AM EDT
After year of getting crapped on by California Libs taking away my gun right I have finally had enough and am moving back to Ohio. The Batavia area to be exact. Anyways is there any places around the BAtavia area to shoot. A range or public land that allows rapid fire and what not. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Might want to look into Miami Rifle Pistol Club.  There are membership requirements (NRA member, two slaver sessions as a work flunky, and of course, a membership fee).

Link:

MRPC

The plinking range allows rapid fire.  Not sure about full auto, but there are other members who can confirm this on the board.

And of course MILLERS out near Waynesville.

There are other ranges too, more folks will chime in.  The only public range I know of nearby is Spring Valley, and its pretty tightly controlled by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Range Ninja Corps.

Congratulations on the move.  Hope you didn't move for a job with Ford...

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
After year of getting crapped on by California Libs taking away my gun right I have finally had enough and am moving back to Ohio. The Batavia area to be exact. Anyways is there any places around the BAtavia area to shoot. A range or public land that allows rapid fire and what not. Thanks.

Your primary contact there is "Diabolical Chicken" & Shakyjake"...

There is Miami Rifle & Pistol,  a few minute north,  and Millers a good bit farther north west of there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]

shoot an IM sometime--we live in eastgate/union township

the other guys answered the question pretty well, but i can add a link for Millers  for ya
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Let us know if you need anything before you get here dude.

Miami Rifle and Pistol is very nice.  I need to get my membership there also, just been shooting at Millers with the other guys a lot.  Miami is only ten minutes or so, and Millers from Batavia is only an hour-ish.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone who flees Kalifornistan for the taciturn, unpredicable climate of the Ohio valley has my admiration.

It ain't as pretty, but we're at least mostly free here to enjoy guns.

Oh, that and licensing our car doesn't require a 2nd mortage.

As the Sweathogs used to sing, "Welcome back".
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Subnet mask moved from Kali as well and  fits in with us quite nicely

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I can confirm that you can turn on the happy switch in the pit at MRPC.

Last weekend sume dude was unloading a FA Tommy Gun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
As far as indoor ranges go, Shooters Supply in Loveland is supposed to have their range ready for operation around mid-summer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the area!  I'll be on the East side of Cincy till the future wife and I find a good home with an acre or two yad on the West side.

So, we'll be...sort of neighbors...for a bit...

I get shoots together once or twice a year for the Ohio guys...usually in the Spring and the fall.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome back to Ohio....from one jarhead to another....I couldn't find Batavia without a map and a clue.....but I hope to shoot with you sometime.......SemperFi!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks a lot guys for all of your help. I am moving back in March to avoid all of the crap and Libs in Kalifornia. Look forward to shooting sometime
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top