Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:22:27 PM EDT
Hi-point  380, That gun had more jams than smuckers. Sent it to the factory twiceonce was a bad mag spring ,the other was the barrel (per beeman-miller) Finally gave it away after firing less than 150 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Romanian SAR1, Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, also had trigger slap so bad it was painful to fire a complete mag. Lost $50.00 when I sold it and was happy to see it go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Witness .45  Jammomatic and frequently hit me in the forehead with spent brass.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Walther P22. It had feeding problems and I returned it to Smith & Wesson twice (They are the Walther Distributer). And it still failed to feed correctly. I called Smith & Wesson customer service and let them know how unhappy I was. Well they sent me a new Walther P22 and it had the same problem, after more complaining I allowed Smith & Wesson to replace it with a new S&W model 22 Bull Barrel that has funtioned fine.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mossberg 9200.  I will never buy another Mossberg semi-auto again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hi-point  380, That gun had more jams than smuckers. Sent it to the factory twiceonce was a bad mag spring ,the other was the barrel (per beeman-miller) Finally gave it away after firing less than 150 rounds through it.

+1 I had one. Also, the pin to take the slide off was either too tight, or too loose. It never fit right.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mossberg 9200.  I will never buy another Mossberg semi-auto again.

Amen, I second that motion. Worst piece of crap that I ever owned.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
A Hesse Hk G3 clone.  What a piece of crap.  It would double all the time, and it basically fell apart in my hands while shooting.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
.30 cal carbine made byUNIVERSAL  clean-shoot-jam-clean-shoot-jam  I am glad to have sold it and chuckle everytime I see one. I now own a saginaw carbine.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
AMT automag 22 magnum.  It was total junk would not feed regardles of the ammo.  However, it did look cool

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Raven 25ACP.  The thing went bang every time the trigger was pulled but keyholed like hell at any distance beyond 10yds or so.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Before I knew better, I bought a few of those cheap pocket pistols. I soon learned this rule: "If the pistol cost about the same as the box of ammo for it, there's a damn good chance it's a P.O.S."

I also bought a Commando Arms Tommy Gun Wanna-be that would either jam every other shot or shoot full auto. After tinkering with it awhile, I got the jams down to 1 or 2 per mag and stopped the full auto fire but I hated it by this time. Got rid of it at a loss to someone that thought he could fix it.

Brand new Llama 1911, mag catch allowed the empty mag to drop. Bought a new one to fix. First time shooting it, the extracter broke. Fixed that and sold it.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Llama 1911 Officers .45 ACP, the edges would cut you open, and jammed at LEAST every other mag. Very reliable if covered in enough oil to spray you on the first shot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Glock 17
had it for 5 day's, sold it back to atwells for a 70$ loss.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#14]
What's funny is I've owned and had terrific luck with some of the guns mentioned in this thread - namely the P22 (mine's flawless), AMT AutomagII, SAR-1, etc.

The one gun that really gave me problems from the outset was a Kimber Rimfire Target....wouldn't work and after 4 exasperating trips back to Kimber, they finally redesigned the mag and replaced my barrel and that got it going, but it was a $600 turd. I love it now, but for a solid year I hated that gun with a passion.

Made me totally distrust Kimber's CS, too. They were rude and short with me through the whole process. Never again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#15]
i had a llama officer model that the extractor busted on and i had to fix  and it only liked fmj everything else jammed .
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
The FNH Tactical Police Shotgun. That POS was likely forged in the fires of hell.  I could have bought 2 870's with the money I spent on it... I was seduced by the uber-tactical look of it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The FNH Tactical Police Shotgun. That POS was likely forged in the fires of hell.  I could have bought 2 870's with the money I spent on it... I was seduced by the uber-tactical look of it.

It's just an overpriced USRAC (Winchester) 1300.........
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Auto-ordnance WWII style 1911A1...

It wasn't properly heat treated...  need I say more.  

I am also reminded of what a POS it was by all of my friends and have to be restrained at funshows from jumping infront of transactions involving AO's to warn people of how bad they are.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#19]
S&W model 5903 automatic.   This one had too many problems for my tastes.   Most designs of automatics can be fixed with some patience.  I've loved all automatics since I was a kid but just look at the weapons here, all automatics.  Joe      I've still never owned a wheel gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Beretta Tomcat .22 pistol what a POS that thign was. I think the record was 3 shots without a malfunction.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Easy, a Special Weapons SW32DX. Very cool looking with a 75 rd. AK drum. The "DX" designation was supposed to mean the gun had the proper upgrades. What a piece of crap. I actually got it working with a registered HK sear at one point, but man, it was scary to fire. It would double-up rounds, stovepipe brass, and the front of the lower would slip off the shelf on the receiver. I put a A3 stock on it and it damned near destroyed the stock from the heavy, pounding recoil.

Stay far away from any Special Weapons SW32.
Cincylance

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I am also reminded of what a POS it was by all of my friends and have to be restrained at funshows from jumping infront of transactions involving AO's to warn people of how bad they are.

Be aware that Kahr has owned Auto Ordnance for several years now and have been busy bringing AO's quality up to snuff.

I would not hesitate to buy a new Auto Ordnance firearm.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be aware that Kahr has owned Auto Ordnance for several years now and have been busy bringing AO's quality up to snuff.

I would not hesitate to buy a new Auto Ordnance firearm.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the AO I speak so lovingly of (and by lovingly I mean I raise my fist in anger and wish a pox upon it) was purchased new in 2003 and came with a case fully stocked with Kahr paperwork which was the reason I purchased it since I had, at the time, heard that when Kahr took over the quality at AO had gone up...  

To date it was the worst pistol I have owned.  It was totally unreliable, parts were breaking left and right and the slide and barrel were showing severe peening which had my gunsmith strongly suggesting that I replace the slide at some point in the near future, add to that that  the "parkerization" wore off and it had to swim in oil to not rust overnight.  All this happened in 6 months and under 1000 rounds.  I'm not trying to steer people away from them as I may very well have just gotten a lemon, however I am stating what the worst pistol I've owned to date is.

ETA:  Here is the link to a discussion on AO pistols where I outlined the problems I had with mine.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=24550
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#24]

I guess my faith in Kahr is misplaced.  For the record, I said what I said based on Kahr's statements and reputation as I don't have any of their guns.

I am glad you set the record straight, for all of our benefit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I almost hate to say it, but I've got a new Springfield Armory 1911 GI model that's pissing me off. Won't go into battery most times. I've tried a stronger spring, I've tried every mag I can think of, I've shot 600 rounds through it (some felt it would break in), I've made sure it was spotless and well lubed...

Rather than send the damn thing back to SA, I decided to leave it with a gunsmith. I said "I don't care what you do, just fix the damn thing and install Novaks while you're at it". We'll see how it goes in 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#26]
A buddy's cheap auto "Sattiday nite special" in .25 cal.

Last I heard, he said some punks tried to rob him in downtown Cleveland one bright day, so he pulled it out, aimed it am 'em, and fired, and the damn thing blew to smithereens in his paw! He said the punks ran like hell. I would too.

I told him: "They probably thought you were throwing a grenade at 'em!"

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Mini-14.... nuf said

(unfortunately I still own it)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a couple:

Saiga 7.62x39  Marketed as a "sporting rifle". Well the scope mounts never fit right on the side mount and the mount was on the reciever such that no scope could ever actually achieve center no matter how far you turned the knob. It had a loose piston on the bolt carrier also. Very cheaply made and I don't understand why people still like them.

My first gun (Marlin model 60), It jams like a mother and when it isn't jamming it fails to extract spent casings. No matter what quality of ammo I use, no matter how well I oil it... it's always something. I still own it because it was my first rifle at 12yr old.... but it just sits in the corner of my safe now.  

Para Ordnace .45 LDA 1st gen.- traded a guy for it. Trigger worked great when the mag wasn't loaded. If you stuck a loaded mag in it the trigger wouldn't pull. Pissed me off...... luckily, Para has a pretty good warranty and I sent it back. They installed an updated trigger assembly, and it fires nicely witha great trigger pull. However, the accuracy leaves a lot left to be desired.

On the other hand. The best gun I have owned is a Taurus .38spl in a medium frame. 7-shot revolver. Very accurate, very durable, very comfortable. I would not hesitate to buy another Taurus.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#29]
LLama Mini Max is Mega Crap!!!!! I recieved one in trade for something stupid.
The Damn thing would not, and I mean would not feed two consecutive round ever!!!
Paid 15.00 for a new mag, and didn't work. Polished feed ramp and internals....nuttin.
My gunsmith gave me the best advice of all, and I followed.
1. Remove magazine
2. lock slide back
3. Grab end of bbl
4. Find large rock
5.Smash, throw,  smash, kick, throw
6. Repeat till nuthin is left, but pile of pieces

Worked Wonders
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#30]
RG .22 I got for free. Buddy that lived in the barracks bought a used car. It fell out from under the dash one day on a bump. He couldn't keep it in the barracks and didn't want the trouble of keeping it in the Armory on base.

It lost it's time and would spit 50% of the bullet out the side. It ended its life on an anvil as scrap.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I've got a little 22 revolver, has cylinders for 22lr nd 22mag, as Danish above says it spits chunks of lead out the side due to poor indexing.  The range I usually shoot at banned it because of this.  Couldn't hit squat anyway.

I figure I'll save it for the next time some idiot in Cincy has a gun buy-back, and turn it in for $100, or a computer, or Buddy's Coupons or something.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Worst was a Fed Ord M14SA (M1A clone).  Receiver seemed to be soft and headspace would tend to grow with rounds fired.  FedOrd replaced the bolt with a GI TRW bolt, but didn't solve the problem.  It was improper receiver heat treat and not the bolt.  Sold rifle at a loss.  Generally you do get what you pay for.  The Fed Ord was $3-400 cheaper than a Springfield M1A.  Clone guns are tempting (HK and FAL rifle imitations), but I can't bring myself to take a chance one one after the Fed Ord experience.

dvo
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Ruger P94 in .40 caliber.  Could not hit the side of a barn if I was standing inside the thing.  

Almost ruined me on the .40 caliber round, but then I discovered CZs.  

--
Mike
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Jenning 22, Got if from an Uncle who passed away.  It may make a good pencil holder if I can weld it to a base.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I've never bought a gun that I wouldn't buy again, but the most problems I've had with a gun is with my Walther P22.   Sometimes it'll shoot, sometimes it wont.   Alot of times it will function flawless for me, but jam for somebody else, or the second shot will jam on every mag, then it will magically work again.

I have yet to get it working consistently, but I WANT to like it so much I guess I have more tolerance for it.

I did have a Hi-Point carbine that I ended up trading, but I never really had a problem with that (I just would rather shoot pistols if I'm shooting a pistol caliber).  It jammed once or twice, but for the most part, much more reliable than the P22.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top