Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:10:42 AM EDT
I am a believer that the Avian Flu is a lot of hype.

But in case a pandemic ever occurs, our beloved Ohio Department of Health has created a Pandemic Flu Plan.

Per a Columbus Dispatch article, Ohio's plans for the Pandemic Flu have now been posted. (The plans are in .PDF [Adobe Acrobat] format.)

Specifics: They're telling folks to have 1-2 weeks worth of food, supplies and meds ready for each person and to expect public transportation to be limited in the event of a "novel virus outbreak". Also given were "home health care" tips in case one becomes ill with the flu.

Link to Ohio's Pandemic Flu plan: www.odh.state.oh.us/ASSETS/39954066.../ODHFluPlan.pdf
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.odh.state.oh.us home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:
Microsoft Support

was this the plan? a non-existent web page?

edited to add:   got there, but had to backspace a little.  Why, oh why, does it have to be so hard?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am a believer that the Avian Flu is a lot of hype.

+1

"novel virus outbreak".

Wonder how "they" define "novel"?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still waiting patiently for SARS, I have my mask on right now.

Bird flu? Is that another divine plague for the dirt people?

Crap, I can't keep up with my chicken-little apocolyptic fantasies, let alone stockpile food and ammo. Besides, I'm very healthy....I only get sick when I think about Richard Simmons.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
i will just come over to your house, ben

im sure i will be safe there  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Fixed link.

Invite me over BD, I'll be sure to bring my Happy Asian Germs along.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
HaCK!!!!......... SneeZE!!!........ cough  couGH!!!!!...............

<sniff> whats all the fuss about some bird flu???  <achhh.....CHOOOOOOOOOO!> ......  

i dont feel so good...

colt

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey now.  Don't make little of the pandemic-to-come.  It's Bush's fault you know.  Global warming caused by the ultra-rich US has created a resistant super-flu strain which has caused millions of fowl to perish, which in turn has caused less air to be moved through the atmosphere by said fowls' wings which has caused all the hurricanes to strike areas  largely inhabited by impoverished peoples whom then steal lots of sneakers which are made in China and the Carribean in slave-labor sweatshops which emit tons of greenhouse gasses which slow down the Atlantic Ocean "conveyor belt" which makes the Earth cooler and then the assault weapons manufacturers reap the benefits of the new wars over warmer weather by killing all their customers and taking all the money in the world so everyone dies of the bird flu.  Makes sense to me.  How about you.  I scared!  Hov many people have contracted/died of the bird flu?  20?  50?  That's a HUGE percentage of the1,000,000,000+ person population of E Asia!  I think it's 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% or something like that.  

If only ALgore had won.  Then none of this would be happening and we would all be praying joyfully to ALLAH while riding our bicycles to work at the government hospitals in our matching clothes.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a dream about an old black woman. She told me to go to Boulder Colorado.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm still waiting patiently for SARS, I have my mask on right now.

Bird flu? Is that another divine plague for the dirt people?

Crap, I can't keep up with my chicken-little apocolyptic fantasies, let alone stockpile food and ammo. Besides, I'm very healthy....I only get sick when I think about Richard Simmons.

If this happens, Ill be with Craig =)

LMAO
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Damn that Randal Flagg......
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top