Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:29:01 PM EDT
I was out squirrel hunting in Green County this week, and walking up the tractor path to a beanfield I saw a huge track in a patch of snow that hadnt melted. It had 4 "toes" and a large round center paw. It was at least 5 inches long and 4 inches wise. It was WAY to big to be a dog or a coyote. I knew there were some bears in eastern OH, but I had never heard of any that far west. Anybody know of any sightings in that area? Or for that matter what else it could have been? I took a picture of it with my phone but dont have any way to upload it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking one of two things.  Either a young Sasquatch, or maybe El Chupacabra.  I think we may be a little too far north for El Chupacabra, so thinking logically it must be a young Sasquatch.  So, if you want a scientific answer, there it is.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
wasn't there some dumbass in the xenia area who had a few bears , an they would get loose from their pens and wonder around???? might be possible its one of his bears....

COLT!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
There are bears in Ohio, one got hit down around Athens a while back.

www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/Resources/bears/ohiobears0804.htm

www.hockinghills.com/featstory/bears.html

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
did the track look like this?????

colt!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
sort of, but it looked like it only had 4 toes
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a cabin in the Leesville lake area just SE Carollton.  Supposedly there have been several sightings of a black bear in the conservatory area. I'll have to ask my neighbor the ranger if there is any truth to them. On a related note I was working one day about 4 years ago when I heard OSP dispatched to a Car vs. Bear accident on St Rt 585 just outside of Orrville. One of those calls where you just can't wrap your head around what they just said.

Long story short some genius had a "pet" black bear that got lose and ran into traffic. I guess this had happened before and they managed get get it back into the home. However this time I think one of the troops put it down on the scene, not sure.

Ask me about the time some Rittman hillbilly's thought there was a tiger lose in the area, goof balls mounted up a posse to go kill it. Damn would that have been funny to see.... Bunch of drunk Salt Street throw backs with rifles going to kill them a tiger.......
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw pics in an email my brother sent me of one of their crews of laborers (mexicans, IIRC) that hit a small black bear up in Medina Co. on a country road.

Sounds to me like they're moving back into the remote areas of Ohio, right along with the Coyotes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
wasn't there some dumbass in the xenia area who had a few bears , an they would get loose from their pens and wonder around???? might be possible its one of his bears....

COLT!

Stupid fucking PETA people kept letting them out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
We had CONFIRMED bear sightings in the Toledo area earlier this year.

DNR Says...

Local News Story

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#10]
There are bears in Ohio.  Mostly in the counties that border PA or near there.  We've had several bear sightings in Lake County.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, there is a guy who has bears on Jasper Pike on the out side Xenia, if they are still there you can see them from the road.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw one in Medina county about 1.5 years ago.  Would have made a great rug.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top