Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 2:39:42 PM EDT
I had my hair cut at Pro Cuts in Wilmington today. I have my CCW, and I was carrying.

There was NO sign on the door. After sitting waiting my turn for a few minutes, I noticed the now-too-common "No Guns" sign posted on a corkboard on a wall in the waiting room, along with promotional postings, photographs, and assorted other push-pin junk.

I didn't shriek or run outside or pee my pants. I just sat there, waited my turn, and a cutey cut my hair (number 2 fade.) Nobody was any the wiser.

Aren't the signs supposed to be on the door? Was I liable?

I confess, I haven't read the CCW law's several dozens of pages, and I probably never will.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The sign must be conspicuous position at the entrance.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If its not posted on the door before you enter the establishment, F--- em.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, the standardized sticker/announcement should be in a very obvious place before you enter the establishment.

I would have done the same...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fuck them even if it is.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Some anti posted that.

I would have waited my turn and then asked for the manager. I would have made a BIG deal about it. I boycott all but two places that post no carry signs. Stand up for your rights, or they will assume they are right. When they wait on you, tell them that you don't agree with there policy and that you will do no more buisness with them untill they change there policy (and stick to it). You had better be ready to support your view before you tell them. Even if you can not support it, let them know how you feel. (and don't go back ), If you go in next week anyway, then it all was moot. That place gRay anyway. (by the way, if you carry, I would highly suggest reading the laws ALL the way through. Hopefully you will not have to thank yourself later.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
great clips near me put up a sign

I cant carry(yet), but I still dont like to give my business to people that want to infringe on my rights.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top