Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:57:29 AM EDT
Hi guys. Coming down to work in your area for a few weeks, wanted to make sure I've got the particulars correct.

As I understand it, my Michigan CPL is honored here, but there are some rather interesting twists. In Toledo proper, can't have more than ten rounds in the mag. Okay, the Glocks stay home. And statewide, though I can carry concealed on my person, when in a vehicle it must be on my person in plain sight, or locked in the glove compartment? Strange laws indeed. Am I reading this correctly? Are there any other bits I need to be aware of?

Thanks.
T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Youve got it about summed up.  I am not quite sure about the mag limit in Toledo.  I carry a 1911 so I havent concerned myself with that.  Yes, handgun needs to be exposed in plainview in the vehicle. or securely locked, but the key can be in the lock.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Youve got it about summed up.  I am not quite sure about the mag limit in Toledo.  I carry a 1911 so I havent concerned myself with that.  Yes, handgun needs to be exposed in plainview in the vehicle. or securely locked, but the key can be in the lock.

Is this for SURE?  Can I carry my pistol in my locked glovebox with the key in the lock in Ohio?
If so my concealed carry teacher did not advise us of this option.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
EVERYTHING I have read on this indicated handgun in locked glovebox or lockbox, key in lock is OK.  Hopefully someone will stumble along to back me up.

I carry in a holster while in my vehicle.   I suppose it is not always exposed.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry in holster while in my truck and I don't make sure its in plain site. I figure I have enough time to pull back my coat and lift my shirt if I get pulled over. When I first started to carry I was making sure my gun was in plan site, but that gets old real fast.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
EVERYTHING I have read on this indicated handgun in locked glovebox or lockbox, key in lock is OK.  Hopefully someone will stumble along to back me up.

I carry in a holster while in my vehicle.   I suppose it is not always exposed.  

Works for me!

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top