Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:33:49 AM EDT
...I want to bring my toys. I posted over on the sig forums but also wanted to get some input here as well. I am looking to move to the Columbus area within the next 6 months. I would prefere to take my toys with me and was wondering if there is a map of the areas infected by the AWB. That way I can avoid them when house shopping. TIA.

Jeff

PS Also, if you know of any good IT jobs give me a heads up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Corporation Limits of Columbus is under then ban. If you live within a township that is within the city, that is OK though. We have engineer offices around Franklin County that have free maps of the county.

ETA: What type of IT work do you do?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I will stop and pick up a map the next time I am over there.

As far as IT work... I am the director of IT right now at a small local college north of Dayton. I was asked to take the postion after I got my masters about a year ago. Before that I was a network admin. We are around an 900 PC shop with 2 campuses. Let me know if you have any leads. I can be contacted at [email protected].

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
stateofohiojobs.com

click on the IT radio button
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
What are the "Corporation Limits" of Columbus? I'm still trying to figure this our for myself and I already live here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Most of Franklin County is either:

Columbus
Suburb
Township

In the map below, you can see white bubbles where a township exists.  For example, Vances Shooters Supply (On Cleveland Ave and Cooke Rd) is in Clinton Township.

Basically, anywhere orange is Columbus.  If it's white, it's a township, if a different color, it's a suburb.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, so if you look over by Dublin you will see a little town called Amlin. I live just west of Amlin but I pay Columbus taxes and Columbus picks up my trash...... I have a Dublin address.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You are not affected by the Kolumbus ban.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I would venture that if Columbus is picking up his trash, good chances are he's in Columbus.

The best way is to call Columbus Fire non-emergency line, and ask if they are your fire department, or if the township is.  If they are, you are in Columbus.  Sorry for your luck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all of the replys. This is good info.

The job hunt is still on and I am going to ramp things up with in the next week or so. I look forward to getting over there (not the city limits) and meeting up and shooting with many of you. Till then...

Jeff
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top