Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/17/2005 3:07:47 PM EDT
Talked to a guy today that is opening a range in vandalia.  Should be open the first week of december.  It is a pistol caliber only range. Shop is to be set up for home defense shopping.  Will have class rooms for training courses.  

It is in a new building behind the Toyota dealership.  Drove by there tonight, they have no sinage yet.

He was wearing a hat that said Vandalia Armory and Range.

Hopefully more info will be forthcoming.

Andy  
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Heh, heh.  That's a 1/4 mile from work!
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Heh, heh.  That's a 1/4 mile from work!

WELL,,,, I used to work that there Toyota dealership from 1-93 to 5-02...

Been driving that  way at least 1 time a day recently,  seen that building going up for quit a while,  hopefully I'll be doing the Nissan thing 2 doors east of Toyota, I'll be closer  .

Link Posted: 11/18/2005 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
You're trying to get in at Nissan? Cool.
Save you 10 minutes to and from work, too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Drove through the lot about 12:45pm today, had to go town for dentist appt, and made a point to drive through the lot on way back to work.

Front is rather large, looks like a lot of office style windows, then rear is not real wide (range), and only appear to be maybe 50-75ft deep.   Fellas were on roof, looks to some large ventilation going on.

Nothing seen as far as opening date, they been working on the building for a long time that I know of.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT for the Glocktalk
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Talked to the guy that owns it the other day, the are looking at the first week of febuary now.
I did get a tour though!

10 lanes, programable target holders. ( If you want the target to go out say 15 feet, turn for 2 seconds, go out 50 feet and turn for 2 seconds again, they can do it....the program then would have a number assigned to it and you can run it anytime you would come in)  

Quite a bit of retail space, a little less than Vandalia Tactical has.  Restrooms, a lounge area, a large instrunction room that can be divided for multiple classes.  The ranges are 50ft deep, IIRC.

They did not have all of the lights on yet, electricians were there when I was, and there was still a bit of work that needed done...

For some more info, I got this for everyone to look at!....   www.vra-ohio.com

andy

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]
kewl....

I have to work on my pistol-fu.

ETA: ALL AMMUNITION MUST BE PURCHASED FROM VANDALIA RANGE & ARMORY.

Fuck that, I see a rip-off coming.  The place in Springfield does not bone you that way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Im thinking their ammo only requirement is going to turn a lot of people off. It does me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
kewl....

Fuck that, I see a rip-off coming.  The place in Springfield does not bone you that way.

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Im thinking their ammo only requirement is going to turn a lot of people off. It does me.

I'm with you.  If the ammo is within 5-6% or so of what I can normally buy ammo for I won't mind buying theirs, if not then I won't be shooting there!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#12]
They are a little cheaper on range time than the Spfld Range is but like others said you can eat that up real quick in overpriced Range purchased ammo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not happy to read that ammo policy.  

That might make the drive over to Springfield seem a little shorter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
kewl....

+1

yup.. thats retarded....

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine took the tour last week. He asked about the ammo policy. Was given some BS about "some people reload" and something about liability blah blah blah. Hmmmm, why don't the other ranges within driving distance have this policy? Reloading is a bad thing I guess. Maybe I should stop doing it after 20+ years? NAAAAAAH, just won't use THIER range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
This was posted on GT:

I spoke with the guy at vandalia and he claims he is going to be competitive with walmart prices on ammo. I will give him a chance to come through, if he does fine if not I will go somewhere else. Try not to be to quick to write this place off, the guy seems very nice and very knowledgable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This was posted on GT:

I spoke with the guy at vandalia and he claims he is going to be competitive with walmart prices on ammo. I will give him a chance to come through, if he does fine if not I will go somewhere else. Try not to be to quick to write this place off, the guy seems very nice and very knowledgable.

"competitive with walmart"

i was told that going out to front sight, they charged $20 for one box of PMC

luckilly i 'outsmarted' TSA and my WWB that cost me 6.50 a box came with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This was posted on GT:

Yeah, right.  I'll wait for the range report.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He asked about the ammo policy. Was given some BS about "some people reload" and something about liability blah blah blah. Hmmmm, why don't the other ranges within driving distance have this policy? Reloading is a bad thing I guess. Maybe I should stop doing it after 20+ years? NAAAAAAH, just won't use THIER range.

+1
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I live in Tipp City...very close to Vandalia and I was thrilled to see this thread. Thrilled until I read about the ammo policy.

With any luck they'll wise up and change it. Even if he has "reasonable prices" it probably isn't going to be as cheap as buying in bulk shipped to my house.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I can get a case of Blazer .40 for about $140 shipped and a case of .45 for about $160.

I asked the guy at Vandailia Tactical what I could get it for and he told me $200 for a case of 45.   I like keeping my money in local businesses, but I don't make enough to piss away 40 bucks of generosity.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I can get a case of Blazer .40 for about $140 shipped and a case of .45 for about $160.

I asked the guy at Vandailia Tactical what I could get it for and he told me $200 for a case of 45.   I like keeping my money in local businesses, but I don't make enough to piss away 40 bucks of generosity.

I have a feeling VT is not going to be around this time next year.

Have you priced their M4geries?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you priced their M4geries?

+1 on Vandalia Tactical sucking the big one.  So much empty space, poor selection of what they have, and the prices could use some work.  And, was it my imagination, or was the Mini-14/Mini-30 taking up a disproportionate amount of space?  Why the heck anyone would want to pay that much money for a...ah, never mind.

On a much more positive note, I bought a membership at Springfield today.  Got some trigger time on my duty weapon, and my M1A.  While all the working stiffs were slaving away at work, I was tossing lead!  Weekday trigger time rocks!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you priced their M4geries? hr

I don't have enough money to think about it right now... but if I did, I'd probably make the trip down to Middletown and get one from AIM.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Drove by today. Sign on door says opening Feb 10th.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top