Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 6:41:01 PM EDT
I've looked on the site for the Knob Creek shoots, when the hell are they?  I'm itchin' to see some of the stuff that goes on.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've looked on the site for the Knob Creek shoots, when the hell are they?  I'm itchin' to see some of the stuff that goes on.

Next weekend the 15th.  I'm glad you mentioned it.  I halfway decided today after talking to Chris at One Shot that I want to go.  Who else is going?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd love to go!  Let's try to get a group together.

Does anyone know specifics like cost of admission and/or what to take?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
$10 to get in.

If you plan on shopping, Chris said bring cash.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, so I know you can just sit and watch all day, but what else is there to do?

I know, I know, what else do you need right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
take your eye and ear protection as it gets loud. take cash. bring a camera that easy to use so you can get pics of you shooting stuff. i would bring a light chair to set in and watch the fun. if you are buying ammo bring a cart as it can be a long walk up hill to get it back to your car. you may think of hiring someone with a mule or atv to take your ammo up to your car.  bring a hat and a rain coat. yes, it rained when i went.  there will be all kind of vendors there. so you will be doing alota looking. you will be doing alota oooohhhing and ahhhing so plan on spending the day. i spent two days and had a blast. if you spending the night you better find a hotel. i was tired by the end of the day. wished i had payed the $ 10.00 and took the tank ride.  bring a small back pack with water. take care.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, thanks for the info man!

OK, who's goin'?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be there shopping, not shooting(ain't got the seniority or ammo budget) wear boots, not tennis shoes, if you like guns shows with MG's and everything you can think of you will love the Creek.

We are headed out Thursday, will be there to Sunday, if you don't have a hotel room already set up you will not be staying close to the Creek, probably have to stay in Louisville.

I will be the big guy 6'2" 350 in the Cousino's Firearms shirt or Cousino's Firearms Carhart Jacket wandering around aimlessly looking for the deals on anything and everything, if anyone sees me stop me and say Hi.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Another tip....parking in the lower lot, if there's been rain, is a stupid thing to do unless you have 33x10.5 Super Swampers on your 4wd. It's a bog when it's wet.

If you can't get there really early, get there around 12 or 1 pm and go up to the upper lot and scam a place from someone leaving - trust me it's worth it.

They serve breakfast at the range/shop in the am, too...not bad eats either...but be prepared for a long stay in the porta potty when that gravy and eggs works its way through ya.

There's MG rentals on the lower range, but it's kinda pricey. Flame thrower rentals too, usually.

Stay for the night shoot, it's quite awesome.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT       Nobody is interested in goin'?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]
i cant make the oct shoot. i might make the march shoot. its a good time. you will find alot of good deals there. bring lotsa money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#11]
If it has rained a day or two before the shoot, the place will be a swamp. It wiil not be fun.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top