Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/19/2005 12:56:03 PM EDT
I mostly only carry on the weekends, but not religiously.
I think I should do a much better job of it, but I don't.
The one time I need it, I sincerely hope I have it.
So I was curious how others handle it.

However, I adamently feel like there need to be as few restrictions placed by the state on CCW as possible.  Whether I do or not.  I want to option to do so if I choose.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Once, if, the car issue goes away I would carry more.  Now only when I'm working in the not-so-friendly areas of town.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry 100% of the time.. i carry at work, but then again , I am required to carry at work...

But when i get home, the duty gear comes off, an my CCW weapon replaces it!....

COLT!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
However, I adamently feel like there need to be as few restrictions placed by the state on CCW as possible.  Whether I do or not.  I want to option to do so if I choose.

Agreed. 100%

I most always have a weapon locked up in a trunk or back of my truck wherever I go, and am always within a few seconds of one or more at work and home, but only actually carry a weapon to and from work, and when I have to work after sunset in parts of town I don't normally care to be in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't carry nearly as often as I should.  The only thing that deters me are the idiotic car laws.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm picking up my permit tomorrow.  Between my employer banning firearms from the premises (in East Cleveland, of all places) and most of my recreation taking place in the CVNRA, there's not a lot of places I CAN carry.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry all the time and have one nearby when I sleep, there is one on my hip now as I type.  I went white water rafting over the weekend and got a fanny pack because it was the only way I thought I could get my Kahr P40 on the river.

Is there a 12 step program for this, I think I need one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost always including at work. I can't wear drapey clothes at work so I O.B.C. in my briefcase, but I always keep it with me. A couple co-workers know why (one of them has a Glock in her purse!)

Here's one for you: when you get out of the car to pump gas, do you cover it up? In the summer I don't bother.

Edit: geez we've got a lot of mooches here. We need to have a marksmanship contest at Millers and give away a couple team memberships.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It's posted where I work so I cannot carry there but other than while at work, I carry most of the time. If I know I am going somewhere that's posted, usually I don't carry but I try to only go where I can carry.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Just like the old American Express commercial, I don't leave home without it.

I'm actually MORE careful about how and where I carry since the CCW passed than I was before it took affect.

Got my CCW the week the law became effective, but before that, I carried all the time and just figured I'd take my chances with the affirmative defense.

I do have to admit that sometimes I am lazy and carry off body, though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#10]
All the time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't carry nearly as often as I should.  The only thing that deters me are the idiotic car laws.

I carry as much as I can.  I try to look at the positive created by the "idiotic car laws": easy access if needed.  :)

--
Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry all the time at work, I have to deal with the stupid car laws however a new bill has been introduced to clean up the stupid rules.  I'm a realtor and I go into vacent homes in the not so nice area of town.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Ken, I'm in RE too.  What part of the state?  I'm in Cincy.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top