Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/9/2005 11:44:53 AM EDT
Until the Buckeyes tromp Texas.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home field advantage and special teams gives the Buckeyes the edge in this game.  I hope Tressel really opens up the offense and our Linebackers shut down a powerful Texas offensive line.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]

I havnt been able to use that pic in awhile
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Brian,

You really should refrain from posting self portraits in this forum.    It makes the rest of us nauseous.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Brian,

You really should refrain from posting self portraits in this forum.    It makes the rest of us nauseous.

You think my workout garb is a little much?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brian,

i think  its FAB-ulous  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brian,

It's a little too little, you just need a decent pair of socks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hook 'em horns!!!!

Hahahahahahahah

I see you're just in time for college football season. Imagine that.

Did you know the best part of Michigan is under water?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Like some sporty brown wool socks for the summer heat?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like some sporty brown wool socks for the summer heat?

Perfect.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

O-H

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I-O

Bonus points to anyone who can answer this one correctly:

Hey block-O what time is it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.imaginemedia.org/photo/images/notre_dame_05.jpg

Normally, I'm an Irish fan.....

But not today!

Go BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I-O

Bonus points to anyone who can answer this one correctly:

Hey block-O what time is it?

Time for the Neutron Dance?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.imaginemedia.org/photo/images/notre_dame_05.jpg

Normally, I'm an Irish fan.....

But not today!

there is no such thing as being "normally" an Irish fan--either you are or you are not

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I was an Irish fan today, and boy did they just kick some ass.  Welcome to the double digit rankings wolverines!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#20]
My two favorite teams are the OSU Buckeyes, and whoever is playing agenst Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hook 'em horns!!!!

Hahahahahahahah

I see you're just in time for college football season. Imagine that.

You know you missed me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]
OMG! LOL Cant we all just cheer for the game and good entertainment?

Hip hip hooray for the team who puts the ball through the poles the most! But remember the other team did a good job too!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn ugly game.  Would hate to be Zwick tonight
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hook 'em horns!!!!

Hahahahahahahah

As much as I hate the Wolverines one week every year, I root for them religiously for the rest of the season.
I was watching them in the red zone over and over and over, hoping they would punch it through.
BTW, Zwick alost transferred to UofM form OSU. He might have been your starter.
He certainly wouldn't have looked any worse than Hesse did.
I was pretty suprised by his poor performance yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:50:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, my Wolverines blew donkeys....either that or Notre Dame really is the shiznit. They certainly have a good coach now, and losing Michael Hart is not a help for Michigan, either.

Iowa repeated their Iowa State embarassment this year. So much for them.

OSU reminded me why I'm not an OSU fan anymore. Good one Tressel. Stick Smith in, get some momentum going, get some yardage, yank him out at opportune times with a different QB. I can think of so many times in College ball where that's worked great. Gosh, we all remember Cooper's success with juggling QB's in big games. I said all week that if Tressel didn't put the best performer in and leave him in, they would lose the game. I must be psychic (or really used to conservative OSU ball).

I think the best game of the weekend was OSU beating Pitt at their home opener. It's kind of neat seeing a perrenial small school whipping boy being built up and made into a team.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Smith got pulled after not converting while in the red zone. It was probably the right call.
By the second half, it seemed that Smith could not run any more.
I am a fan of one quarterback, however there is one time when it seems to work with two, and that is using one to move down the field, then bringing in your scrambler, to mix it up when in the red zone.

I don't think OSU sucked in this game.  Most other top 20 teams would have been blown out.  Very few teams could have shut down Texas' running game like the defensive line did.  The only thing that surprised me was all the dropped passes by OSU.  Ginn was an unfortunate situation.  I hope he gets it together, and turns the season into a great one for him.  He is a classy guy.  For that matter, so is Vince Young.  He was the most poised QB I've ever seen play.  And his pre-game and post-game interviews were nothing but class, and intelligence.  Same goes for A J Hawk.  He will definitely be first round draft material.  Carpenter and Holmes, too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree that Smith wasn't having luck in the red zone, but swapping QB's in big games has a demoralizing effect on the QB's. Always has.

Smith has to learn, or Swick for that matter, exactly what Vince Young was allowed to learn - which is how to overcome a defense that has you figured out. Switching them up shows you've lost the belief they have what it takes, right there and then, and the QB's learn that they have to play at their utmost best or they're yanked. That doesn't make a good player, not in the long run. It didn't work when Cooper tried it (for 2 seasons), it won't work now.

I think the heart of the problem is that Tressel doesn't quite believe in either guy, and is trying to let them compete for the job. I think the real way to go is to pick the one that has stepped up in a big game, show some belief in him and let him learn poise when the game goes wrong. That way, each player knows his place. Flux at QB has been the death nail for many a college ball team.

BTW, I have an interesting insight into this problem...I had competing QB's when I played HS ball, and we went through exactly what OSU did Saturday. One player gets bogged, he's out. It worked for some games, but neither guy ever shone. They had ups and downs, but mostly downs.

I agree with you on the other points tho, Young seems like the real deal and Hawk is undoubtedly the most talented LB in college ball. He's in on every play, in one way or another. Haven't seen a defensive player like that since Grant Wistrom or Spielman in his heyday.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top