Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/21/2005 8:11:18 PM EDT
Just wondering who is planning on camping at the Laborday shoot. Judy and I stopped at Millers today to shoot the new Garand and scope out a campsit for the shoot.
There are a few spots that will acomodate several of us. If we can get a head count together I thought we could ask Tim to reserve us a spot.
So who's camping?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
We're planning on being there all weekend also, but I'm job searching right now so that may change by the shoot..............

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm camping, Sunday night.

I'm going to camp out by the range tho - my EZ-up is my tent, so I'll just pitch it where I shoot. Also would rather be a good walk from prying eyes, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
There are 3 different spots where several of us could camp as a group.  One is by the lake, another is the "island" with the deck, and the other spot is in the far corner closest to the range. the only problem with the last spot is it all on a slope. The other 2 spots have lots of level places for tents and campers.
I would like to call Tim and reserve one of these spots for us.
My vote is for the spot close to the lake.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
i like the deck idea, but whatever the majority wants
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... but i don't know if i'll be camping.

Well thats half the fun! We had a pretty good time last time we camped. Its also nice to have access to electric and showers not to mention the clubhouse. Bring your tent or share one and dont forget cold beverages
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... but i don't know if i'll be camping.

Well thats half the fun! We had a pretty good time last time we camped. Its also nice to have access to electric and showers not to mention the clubhouse. Bring your tent or share one and dont forget cold beverages

brian has a tent--he has been known to share it--i hear he likes to cuddle  

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
--i hear he likes to cuddle  

Your ok so long as you dont go to bed early and leave me a bunch of guinness
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#10]
The deck would be fine too. It has a picnic table on it and there is room for several grills. It's also got a fair amount of shade.
So who else is planning on camping?  I'd like to tell Tim that the spot will be filled before I call and ask if he can save it for us.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#13]
i was just wondering how you get an invite to one of these fun outings i have heard so much about?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i was just wondering how you get an invite to one of these fun outings i have heard so much about?

Your invited. See you saturday/sunday
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You are OFFICALY invited.

Now be there or be square.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#16]
how am i suposed to go if i do not know where it is and what to bring
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is a link to Millers www.millercampground.com/

If you are going to camp bring your camping gear.

If you are going to shoot bring your guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
if I have enough $$$ saved up, definately.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I was planning on bring my tent. but as I've been a bit lonely lately, i could use a good cuddle. mmk

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Guns- CHECK Ammo- CHECK sunscreen- CHECK
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Guns, check.
Ammo, check.
Camping crap, check.
Asian whore, check.
Chloroform, check.
Ball gag, check.
5th of Old Grandad, check.
Shovel & rope, check.
Readers Digest, check.

All set.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Guns, check.
Ammo, check.
Camping crap, check.
Asian whore, check.
Chloroform, check.
Ball gag, check.
5th of Old Grandad, check.
Shovel & rope, check.
Readers Digest, check.

All set.

You and your stuuuupid ROPE!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Saturday night campers, how does BBQ chicken sound for supper?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Saturday night campers, how does BBQ chicken sound for supper?

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds great. I could bring some montgomery inn BBQ sauce if you guys like BBQ.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I keep forgetting to call Tim. Did you call him Paul?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Do you have to be a member at millers or can you just show up and pay for that day?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Do you have to be a member at millers or can you just show up and pay for that day?

Daily is just $5 for shooting, camping is $20/night
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#29]
was planning on hitting up the labor day shoot to meet some OH people and get some R&R for the first time from my crazy life of trying to get settled in this state, unfortunantly it was barely a financially wise idea before, now with an empty tank, a thirsty V8 engine and huge gas increase I probably won't be able to make it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
was planning on hitting up the labor day shoot to meet some OH people and get some R&R for the first time from my crazy life of trying to get settled in this state, unfortunantly it was barely a financially wise idea before, now with an empty tank, a thirsty V8 engine and huge gas increase I probably won't be able to make it.

Bah!! All you need to do is get yourself there, no $$ required to enjoy yourself at Millers! There'll be guns you can shoot, fellow gun nuts to meet and have fun with, and I guarantee whatever you spend in gas $$ you'll think was money well spent! It's a pretty cheap day's entertainment, when compared to alot of stuff you can do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bah!! All you need to do is get yourself there, no $$ required to enjoy yourself at Millers! There'll be guns you can shoot, fellow gun nuts to meet and have fun with, and I guarantee whatever you spend in gas $$ you'll think was money well spent! It's a pretty cheap day's entertainment, when compared to alot of stuff you can do.

+1, there will be plenty of food and drink also. Get your ass there, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, there will be plenty of food and drink also. Get your ass there, you won't regret it.

+2
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Mman,
You realy need to make it up to the shoot. It will be well worth your time and trouble. Lots of GOOD people and guns to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought i'de be able to make it sunday or monday, but instead I think I'm gonna spend this weekend at home....all alone.
with my girlfriend.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I thought i'de be able to make it sunday or monday, but instead I think I'm gonna spend this weekend at home....all alone.
with my girlfriend.

Is your girlfriend's name Rosie? J/K, I was looking forward to another Garand match.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]
:-P I'll see if she wants to come and maybe bring her sunday :)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top