Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 5:15:22 PM EDT
Just curious. I live in Athens and work at Bromley.

Edit to say I seem to remember at least one member on this site went to OU. I'm sure more than that do but I remember one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to OU...... I think......Lots of bars back then. I graduated in 1969. I actually lived in Bromley for a little while before I got an apartment. I don't remember much after I got the apartment.

Then I woke up one day and I was in the Army and then I got shipped off to Vietnam. Let that be a lesson to you, kids. Cheap red wine isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I went to OU...... I think......Lots of bars back then. I graduated in 1969. I actually lived in Bromley for a little while before I got an apartment. I don't remember much after I got the apartment.

Then I woke up one day and I was in the Army and then I got shipped off to Vietnam. Let that be a lesson to you, kids. Cheap red wine isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Groucho

Details! Details!(I'd bet there was a woman involved!)

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Groucho

Bromley has a dining hall in it now (in addition to being an upperclassmen dorm).

There are still lots of bars, too. Court St. and the surrounding area is about 1/2 bars.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I graduated from Harvard on the Hocking in the mid  1980's.  I live not too far from A-town these days.

IM me sometime & maybe we can go burn some ammo.

eta:  maybe I'm the guy you're thinking about.  I posted a while back asking about OU type peeples.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a friend that went there but I havnt talked to him in a couple of years. Beautiful place though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved my 4+ tears at OU, been wanting to go back down there just to see how much things have changed.  It the 5 football seasons that I was there, the footbal team won 6 games...4 of those were in one year.

Coolest freshman dorm...The convo....worst freshman dorm while you have a 8am class 5 days a week...the convo...a long walk, uphill.  I quickly learned that I only needed to be at the 8am class on mondays and fridays (test on friday, scores on monday)

...I must admit I miss the place.

ETA, my wife went to that other Ivy-Leauge State school...Miami.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top