Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:44:52 PM EDT
I was there tonight and let me tell you it was an amazing event,my hands are sore from clapping and my heart aches with saddness,but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

www.newsnet5.com/news/4823050/detail.html
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my best friends brothers is in Lima Co., 3/25th. I still can't believe how much action these guys have been seeing. I remember when he was getting ready to ship out for their train up prior to deployment and my friend was asking me what he might expect and all that jazz, and he wanted to get his brother out for some trigger time. At the time I told him not to worry because reserve units usually are used as just that, reserves. How wrong I was. At this point I just put a prayer in for him, hope they don't get extended, and hopefully his brother gets home here in a couple months.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The family members of 3/25 have received a cut off date for sending mail to our guys so them being extended doesn't look like something that will happen.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
"Close your eyes and listen to your sons, fathers, husbands, uncles, brothers and friends. They're talking to you. They're saying, 'Please celebrate my life. Please have no regrets,"' she said to a hushed crowd, many standing. "'We did not spend all the time we wanted, yet the time we had was well spent."'

That must have been gut wrenching.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Close your eyes and listen to your sons, fathers, husbands, uncles, brothers and friends. They're talking to you. They're saying, 'Please celebrate my life. Please have no regrets,"' she said to a hushed crowd, many standing. "'We did not spend all the time we wanted, yet the time we had was well spent."'

That must have been gut wrenching.

It was,but let me tell you when the Lt.Col.who is in charge of the 3/25 said"this moment usually calls for a moment of silence,but I think our boys deserve a huge round of applause"I thought the roof was going to come off!The cheering and clapping went on for about 5 minutes or so and a friend of mine who works about 4 blocks away said he could hear the whole thing.It was a great tribute to our guys.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top