Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:37:13 PM EDT
www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/prickcop.html

The cop swears he gave her a $20, the manager checks the drawer.
The tape shows her put the bill into the $10 slot.
Cop maces her and halls her off.
She later gets $60,000 from city.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
ABUSE of power?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]

First mistake was flipping out talkin bout " I dont like no po-lice anyway!"

Second mistake was not learning Anglish so she could better communicate with the officer.

Id bet money it wouldnt have went down like that if she would have talked to him in a calm manner. I think the spray was justified.

ETA: this is just like the video of the woman pulled over for expired tags talking on the cell phone while the officer tried to get her to get out of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ABUSE of power?

Well he had reason to doubt her and she wasnt cooperating with him. Do you think he should have backed down and walked off since she kept pounding her chest?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
He was cleared of wrong doing, but if I claimed to have paid with a larger bill I would have been arrested for fraud? I think he was tryin to pull one over, who's going to second guess the police? (I do not think all police are corrupt, I do think that some of them think they are above the law and those ones can fuc* off)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He was cleared of wrong doing, but if I claimed to have paid with a larger bill I would have been arrested for fraud? I think he was tryin to pull one over, who's going to second guess the police? (I do not think all police are corrupt, I do think that some of them think they are above the law and those ones can fuc* off)

So your theory is he was perhaps bored and wanted to make a little money buy arguing with a young women he probablly knew was going to have a fit if he pursued the situation?

No way in hell. He thought he was short changed and it pissed him off enough to confront her.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ABUSE of power?

Well he had reason to doubt her and she wasnt cooperating with him. Do you think he should have backed down and walked off since she kept pounding her chest?

He should have handled this like any Joe Schmo off the street.  Talk to the manager from the customer side of the counter and have the manager resolve the situation.  If you were in his shoes and went past the counter straight to the drive thru and started demanding your money, they would have called the cops on you and you would have probably been arrested by this same guy for tresspassing and disturbing the peace.

I think he lost temper and used his position of authority in the wrong way, which only escalated the situation.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ABUSE of power?

He should have handled this like any Joe Schmo off the street.  Talk to the manager from the customer side of the counter and have the manager resolve the situation.  If you were in his shoes and went past the counter straight to the drive thru and started demanding your money, they would have called the cops on you and you would have probably been arrested by this same guy for tresspassing and disturbing the peace.

I think he lost temper and used his position of authority in the wrong way, which only escalated the situation.

Your probablly right about that. He may have been justified to go behind the counter but it only made things worse. Im sure he had an idea of what would happen.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Cleared or not, that cop is a fucking idiot who doesn't deserve to wear the badge or uniform.  That is a completely inappropriate way to handle the situation.  The girl didn't even have a 20 in the register.  The manager needs to grow a dick as well.

What a fucked up situation...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok so I have a little of a sadistic sense of humor

In cities like Dayton and nationwide Im sure Ive heard children are raised to hate cops or distrust them. This officer made it worse for that girl but I bet things would have been different if she didnt have that mentality.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
As much as I hate black people who cannot speak proper english I can't STAND cops who throw their weight around.

I would have probably done the same thing(except speak proper english.)

I bet she doesnt work there anymore.$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As much as I hate black people who cannot speak proper english I can't STAND cops who throw their weight around.

I would have probably done the same thing(except speak proper english.)

I bet she doesnt work there anymore.$$$$$$$$

I have a pet peve for anyone who I cant understand. It doesnt go well with my poor hearing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]
That $#!+ happened four or five years ago.  Long dead.  I'm sure the macee is still working at Wendy's and the cop was back on the street with retro pay after losing his job for a few months.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#13]
it's all common sense reallyt like johnny said, you give respect you get respect.

and that has to start with both sides.

the woman was stupid acting the way she did but the cop should of had more patience.

just another tale of two souls having a bad day that should never have met...

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Even with her hollering in Ebonics, he was a dick!

WTF, she really didn't do anything and as much as anything else, his beef should have been with the manager?

But, if she hasn't already joined her brother in prison, I'm sure she's either unemployed or still working fast food and he's back on duty acting the same way!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The guy acted like an ass.

The manager shouldn't have let him back there, either. Not wihtout calling the guy's supervisior first, anyway.

How much of an idiot would you have to feel like, when it turned out there wasn't a $20 in the register?

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top