Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/3/2005 4:55:55 AM EDT
A One-day sub gin class offered to civilians who wish to learn proper sub gun techniques will be held at Briar Rabbit (Zanesville) on August 21st.   This class will cost approximately $300, and will be taught by non other than HKPRO himself (Tom Dresner).  Tom is a former Director of HKs training division, and quite an accomplished instructor.

For more info, please contact Jeff at [email protected] or on my cell phone: 614-348-5799

We have room for about 5 more students.  You can bring your own gun, and it doesn't need to be full auto... any pistol caliber carbine is fine.  There will be a couple MP5s and maybe a G36C and a MP5/40 there for you to borrow.  I will have a semi auto SBR and a full auto MP5 there for people to use if they need/want to.

Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent out a bunch of emails to people who post here often.

I want to reiterate a few things:

1)  This is a fun class that anyone familiar with shooting can take.

2) You only need to bring ammo and a good attitude (maybe a hat, water, etc.).  You can use one of my guns, I will have 2, maybe 3 ther for people to use, and a couple other students will also lend out theirs.

3) This is CHEAP for civilians.  Typically, classes like this are a destination class, and rarely do they come to our back yard.

4) It will not qualify for LEO certification... it is for civilians.  LEOs are more than welcome, but be aware that there is no certification.

5) This will NOT be a bunch of "out there" "mall ninja" "militia" types... I'm a boring accountant, and I know most of the other people who are already scheduled to attend.

6) We need more students, so please think about it!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
And of course,  this will take place while I'm out of the country.   Bastards.

FYI for those that have never been there.  Briar Rabbit does a hell of a good pistol shoot and the owner is a super nice guy.  Their shotgun stuff is pretty good I'm told,   but their rifle matches kinda suck.    This place is worth a visit even if you can't make the subgun class.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What does the class entail?

Rangetime, How many rounds do we need?

Classroom?

How will the course be set up? I'm 6'2" 350 and don't move/tumble/crouch/lowcrawl/highjump like I used to.

Thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is the contents of an email I sent out a month or so ago.  The details haven't changed.

Greetings,

I am organizing a sub-gun training class geared toward civilians who wish to learn proper sub gun techniques.  The class will be taught by none other than HKPRO himself (Tom Dresner).

Tom is a very accomplished sub gun instructor, and is a former director of training for Heckler & Koch’s International Training Division.  This is a brand new offering. his first program was given in Atlanta on May14th.  The students from Atlanta have all provided excellent feedback, and have asked Tom to return for another session in September.

The class will be limited to 14 students (including me), so the first 13 people who send me a $300 deposit will be able to attend. If you are interested, please reply to [email protected] and I will send payment instructions.  For those of you who do not know me, please visit www.HKPRO.COM or www.parkcitiestactical.com and look for posts under the user name “CZ-75” and you will see that I have been around for quite a while and I am trustworthy.  We need at least 10 students for Tom to make the trip.  The class should cost between $300 and $350, depending on the number of participants.  I will either ask everyone to pitch in a little more, or I may just eat the excess, depending on the difference.

Here is a link to the post on HKPRO: hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=254622&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post255342

Here is a link to the post about the Atlanta class:
hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=217841&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

You can bring your own sub gun, or even a semi auto carbine.  There will be at least 3 MP5s there whose owners will let you use theirs provided you use factory ammo.

You will need to supply your own ammo, or I can arrange to have some for you if you would prefer that I supply it, but I will need to know if you want me to get ammo for you.

Where: Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports (near Zanesville, Ohio)
www.briarrabbit.com/index.shtml

When:  Sunday August 21th (start time will likely be 9:00am)

The address and directions to Briar rabbit are on the web site.

Students must be at least 21 years of age unless accompanied by a parent. who owns and brings a registered sub gun.

You will need:
Registered, legal subgun or semi auto carbine, and a sling. The sling is a MUST!
You will also need a sidearm, for transition drills (not mandatory, but part of the class).
Ear and eye protection.
Baseball cap a very good idea.
Knee pads a great idea too, we will be reloading the MP5 from a knee,
and your knees will be needed for some position shooting.
1,000 rounds of ammo

We will do:
PROPER STANCE
TRIGGER CONTROL
SEMIAUTOMATIC FIRE
PROPER RELOADING TECHNIQUES
STOPPAGES
PROPER BACKUP WEAPON DEPLOYMENT
AUTOMATIC FIRE
STATIC TURNS
FIRING WHILE MOVING/MOVING TURNS, ETC.
MULTIPLE TARGETS
FUNSTUFF!

We will try to just cram as much as we can into the day.

Don't forget personal hydration systems, (WATER!) and your camera!

Jeff

614-348-5799

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Less than 2 weeks away!!!!!!!

Need some more people, or I will have to eat the extra costs!!!!

HELP!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top