Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:04:27 AM EDT
The following is a letter to the editor in Sundays Dispatch 7/31/05. I didn't think to much of it until I did a search for "United Poultry Concerns".  This should be a great hit with Columbus City Council.

http://www.dispatch.com/editorials-story.php?story=dispatch/2005/07/31/20050731-C4-09.html

Columbus stood up to special interests
Sunday, July 31, 2005

I think Columbus is a great place to hold a conference. I appreciate the fact that your city cares enough about the safety of its citizens, its law officers, and those who visit, to stick to its guns (the nonassault variety). For this reason, I’ve just signed a contract to bring my organization to the town that says, "We’ve got the welcome mat out, not the for-sale sign." Praise to a city that can’t be bought.

KAREN DAVIS

President United Poultry Concerns

Machipongo, Va.

What is United Poultry you ask , hehehehehe

http://www.undueinfluence.com/united_poultry_concerns.htm

United Poultry Concerns

United Poultry Concerns
Address: P.O. Box 150
Machipongo, VA 23405
Email: [email protected]
Karen Davis, Machipongo, VA 23405, President, salary $9,720, benefits, $275
Allan Cate, Germantown, MD 20874, Vice President
Joan Hotgraver, Silver Spring, MD 20910, Secretary/Treasurer

2000 revenue: $120,030
$117,984 in grants of $5,000 or more. Almost totally grant driven.
Has an investment portfolio of $22,355 in Salomon Brothers Funds and Paine Webber.

Projects: United Poultry Concerns (UPC) is led by eccentric Karen Davis. The group protests the eating of chicken, turkey, geese, ducks and eggs . Davis wrote in the December 2000 Vegan Voice newsletter: "If it were up to me, there would be no ‘domestic’ animals, by which I mean there would be no slavery, no animal property, no ‘pets.’ Other creatures would live their lives, raising their families, having their own projects."

Harms: UPC protests eating turkey at Thanksgiving time and demonstrates against the White House Lawn Easter Egg Roll. UPC occasionally forces the closure of farmers’-market chicken stands for alleged mistreatment of poultry
_________________________________________________________________________________

Like Jack Nicholson said in Going South, " Poultry is just a fancy way of saying Chicken"  
WTFG Columbus City Council.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet they'll bring a whole lot of business to Columbus!  I wonder what goes on at a vegan convention!

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
This time they will be joined by Komrad Koleman and the Kolumbus City Council at Schiller Park where they will all set on a carrot and sing Kum Ba Yah.    
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bet they'll bring a whole lot of business to Columbus!  I wonder what goes on at a vegan convention!

Hessian-1

They eat Polish sasuage with sourkroute.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are mean.
I, for one, am looking forward to the tens of dollars this convention could
pump into our local economy.

http://www.upc-online.org/

I was thinking of stealing one of their rallying cries for a sig line;

STOP FORCED MOLTING!!!!

What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
wow how do they get grants to cry about eating anmials? really is there a way we could get grants to cry about gun bans?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I say we have a Black Rifle march whilst chowing down on some extra crispy KFC at  their little shin dig.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I say we have a Black Rifle march whilst chowing down on some extra crispy KFC at  their little shin dig.

I'm in!

If we could get 20 of us Ohio members we would probably be able to out number them 2-1. Wouldn't that be fun?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Just remember, there's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatos.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Count me in for the march. I can't beleive that the city fd up that deal! MORONS!!!! (I probably would have made "tens" of dollars in parking from the nra convention)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just remember, there's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatos.on top of the mashed potatoes in a rich creamy gravy!

Fixed it for you!

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top