Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2005 1:53:56 PM EDT
Rather than jump on the other guys thread, I thought I'd start my own.

Well, my father-in-law is wanting to join Millers(ever since we went to JHEs shoot) and I'd like to get an idea on how often the guys go down there Hessian/JME and the others. I live in Xenia, so it's practically up the road. Is there some kind of secret hand-shake or hazing so I can be privy to how you guys arrange when you go to Millers?

I'm not too partial to exposing my nipples, but will if this will get me into the Red Hand Gang
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than a big get together we often meet at shows and go there afterwords or someone will just want to go and post, "anyone going to millers this weekend". No secret about it at all. I havnt been going as much lately because my limited ammo fund

ETA: I might go this weekend. I finally got some AK ammo and that 80% lower is done. That ace stock worked out nice BTW
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
usually the days of the shows at Hara in Dayton have the biggest draws, cause we meet at the show

i believe some of the guys who live closer go on other weekends and shakyjake goes when he has the day off--so, getting some numbers from these guys for spontaneous trips may need some nipple exposure  

edit: he beat me cause i had to look up spelink on spontaneous  
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

edit: he beat me cause i had to look up spelink on spontaneous  

Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for Sat or Sunday this weekend.
If someone brings an easy-up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Aye, I am up for saturday or sunday as well!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This weekend is out for me but I hope you have a great time while I'm here packing, freaking hate this moving shit but will be in Cincinnati and closer to Millers with more free time in a little over a month.

One thing I would recommend is keep your eyes open if your there solo, some squirrelly folks wander over from the campground at times... definitely not a place to shoot back from the road and leave your guns sitting while you walk to the berm.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for Sunday.  Didn't go after the show last week, and I haven't been to the range since after the June show.  Finally have my upper back also, which I've been missing for two months.

Should I bring the grill?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]
How dare you guys plan a Millers event without me!

In protest, I'm going to drag all my guns out Saturday and play in the woods.....all by myself. So there!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

In protest, I'm going to drag all my guns out Saturday and play in the woods.....all by myself. So there!

ermmm  emmmm....  I said "if someone brings an easy-up".  
Does that sound like planning a Miller's shoot without you?
Well, there's always glimmerman.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope this cool weather keeps....I mean, I hope it gets in the 90's this weekend

Saturday looks like a good day to me. Sirdrinksalot let me know if you need a ride.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is another  "RUSHVILLE" shoot on Sunday.    It is maybe 10 minutes off of I-70 and exit 132 (2nd exit east of the Granville exit).

Last time was a car and Tannerite,  Mickey Mouse crew had lots of stuff, and of course the Dolphin_Shooter mortar on the truck. A few of the central Ohio AR15 crew managed to showed up.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I hope this cool weather keeps....I mean, I hope it gets in the 90's this weekend

Saturday looks like a good day to me. Sirdrinksalot let me know if you need a ride.

THanks for the offer, i'll give ya an IM tommorow if I need one or not. Regardless I am gonna hit AIMS tommorow and pick up a few cases.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ermmm  emmmm....  I said "if someone brings an easy-up".  
Does that sound like planning a Miller's shoot without you?
Well, there's always glimmerman.

Damn, always coverin' somebody's ass.

Whatever day, doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I went for the first time last saturday, what a blast! So much more fun than spring valley. Finally got to shoot an AR the way it was mean to be shot. I might be up for saturday or sunday afternoon, would love to finally meet a few of the fellow arfcommers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Saturdays looking good for me

BuckeyeRifleman, Im with you. No matter how nice spring valley is I havnt been there in over 5 years.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Aye, I am gonna bring my M1, AK, and AR :)

Also looks like I'll be needing that ride Johnny. If you would be so kind to give me a lift I would be ever grateful.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Aye, I am gonna bring my M1, AK, and AR :)

Also looks like I'll be needing that ride Johnny. If you would be so kind to give me a lift I would be ever grateful.

No problem. IM me your address tomorrow so I can mapquest it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah crap I mapquested this place and it's 158.48 miles away. Bummer. Maybe when the 1919 is done I will take a road trip.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Jerret
are ALWAYS welcome at Millers!!!! Let me know when you will be there. I'll bring a couple and we can chew up the berm.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#20]
This weekend is out for me.  Gotta biker bash to attend tomorrow and the kid is headed to San Francisco on Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#21]
JME, are you interested in going on Sunday, instead?
My wife has made plans for me for Saturday.
If not, no biggie.
There's always next week.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I can make sunday as well if JME would like to change.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Sunday works better anyway since DC  and Shakyjake might come on sunday. Im game.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Ah ha!  I was just checking to see if you would throw all your plans in the trash and do as I command.  

Will you be out early?  I'm thinking 11-12-ish.
I'll bring a cooler and some water this time so JME doesn't get dehydrated again.
Luckily, it is not supposed to be 100 deg Sunday, like it was last week.

Now, where's glimmerman this week? and colt_sniper and his wife? and JEC?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Damn, always coverin' somebody's ass.

Are you insinuating my ass would be better left uncovered?

Whatever day, doesn't matter.

somehow I missed this post that you were coming when I posted just above.
maybe I need new contacts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#26]
alright, cool sunday it is, JME IM sent to ya.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Now, where's glimmerman this week? and colt_sniper and his wife? and JEC?

:::Waving my hand wildly in the air!:::
Ooh! ooh! ooh! Pick me! pick me!   I'll come! I'll come!.....

Sunday it is. I need to get those Gray rifles sighted in mo' better.
I'll bring along a  cooler too, and grab a couple bags of ice on my way out.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#28]
we will likely be later--have to go to indy overnight and pick up a futon

should be leaving indy at 12 or 1p our time plus 2 hr drive--doubt at millers much before 4, unless we get an earlier start back from indy,

we will see what the sez when he gets home tonight  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Does that little wink at the end mean you just let him think hes the ?

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I think i can make it on sunday...... Its the only day i was not scheduled to work!.....

Just need to know what time to be there...

COLT!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll be there Sunday around noon. I'll bring my easyup just for L_S.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'll bring my easyup just for L_S.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, sounds like almost everyone will be there this weekend, except swingset, who will be playing with himself in the woods, and Red-Leg, who will be attending a gay biker event in San Francisco. (if I read everyone's posts right - I do need new contacts.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well, sounds like almost everyone will be there this weekend, except swingset, who will be playing with himself in the woods, and Red-Leg, who will be attending a gay biker event in San Francisco. (if I read everyone's posts right - I do need new contacts.)

You read it right....I'll be playing in the woods allright. And, I'll post some pics of the toys I'll be shooting, just so you know missing Millers was worth it.

I couldn't do the Millers shoot anyway. Sundays suck for me, I work third shift so in order to make it to work I'd have to bail out early....which isn't worth the drive unfortunately.

Have fun guys, take some pics and be safe.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's good to be the king
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#37]
i can make it sunday too. if some one could IM me an address or something i can get my crap in order.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
i can make it sunday too. if some one could IM me an address or something i can get my crap in order.

read this thread about millers

do come out.  it is worth the effort.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like we'll be there between 12 and 1.

It's good to be the king
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Well i wont be there on sunday like i thought!....... I got called into work tomorow for overtime..

anyone want to work for me?... hey the job has it perks... you get to carry a gun   , an have access to a FA weapon in the truck with you!!!  ..

have fun guys!

COLT!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like im not going to make it, got my wisdom teeth pulled thurs and am still hurting quite a bit. Vicadin and guns usually dont make a good mix Have fun though, sucks that I always miss out on everything with you guys.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Well,

Just got back from today's event.
'twas a good day.
It gotta a little warm and a rare species of little "sweat bees" known only to exist at Miller's shared the range with us, but it didn't spoil the fun.

Here's "everyone", well almost......

Here's JME showin' an "attitude".

Here's an angered JME ending the life of one of those "rare sweat bees" from 2 feet away.

Here's Leisure Shoot finishing up with that lobotomy that he said one of the "Sunday drivers" he came upon on the way there "needs".
(Glimmerman agreed with him)

The thoughtful concern Glimmerman expressed over Leisure Shoots actions:

A shot of "SirDrinksaLot" not drinking a lot,

And lastly,
A shot of the shotgunners shooting at, well....................we're not quite sure.
We all decided that no one would believe us anyway, the media would ridicule us and make our lives miserable, and have all taken a vow of secrecy as to what think we saw.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
A shot of the shotgunners shooting at, well....................we're not quite sure.
We all decided that no one would believe us anyway, the media would ridicule us and make our lives miserable, and have all taken a vow of secrecy as to what think we saw.

ETA:  

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.thinklarger.com/millers/today/shooting.jpg

nice!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Like I said!

its a misnomer :P

thanks y'all are the most hospitable people i've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#46]
In my haste (and fear of)  posting these pictures, I forgot about the last two:

My two "why-the-hell-do-you-want-those,-they-only-hold-ten-rounds-you-should-convert-those-to-a-Gee something or other"

and a pic of AW4Ever demonstrating his ability to  tie the "perfect fly fishing knot for trout"  to an attentive audience:

Thanks y'all.
Had a good time.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Man, your SL81 was a sweet shooting rifle, so was Glimmermans K31 holy crap..

That was also pretty damn funny when we shot that girl scout cookie.

edit: JEC You missed me and Glimmermans improptu battle of the German Clays and Japanese Tennis balls.

/with garands.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Great pics John. I dont know what was going on in this pic though. It looks like Im telling the target to F off and die or something? Man I zone out when I shoot

ETA: when are you going to turn one of those SL8's into a G36 clone so it can hold AR mags?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

ETA: when are you going to turn one of those SL8's into a G36 clone so it can hold AR mags?

Hold a what mag?

I find it funny that the look on your face in that picture looks 'zackly like that --->"" l'il  guy..........

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#50]
i had a great time i hope i can make it to more shoots.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top