Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/22/2005 8:45:12 PM EDT
I own a nice piece of land on the Watauga river in NC.  I am planning to build a cabin(Possom Lodge) this summer down there. I've got lots of rock(felspar, quartz, & granite) lots of downed trees for logs(from the past years storms) and a little money.  
I figure we can build a rustic type cabin and I can give the people that help build it some "time shares." Vacation Rentals in the area go for around $700-$2000 per week.  The area is known for hiking, skiing, snowboarding, fly fishing, and partying(Appalachan State University is 20 miles away) My families land borders Nature Conservancy Land.  I used to hunt and shoot all over the hills but now there's "Summer Homes" going up all over. I'm sure we can find some place to unload a few rounds though.  
I am about 45 minutes to an hour from TJ's stomping grounds and theres lots to do within a short drive. I have access to a pig cooker and a herd of deer(legal roan deer) and my sister is a good cook so we will eat good. I'm off most of the summer(school employee) So we can do this most anytime. We will camp on the land so bring your tools and camping gear.
Skills needed: Bush hogging, timber cutting, rock toting, digging, rock laying, hammering, sawing, fence fixing, tree planting, etc. What do you say? Anybody up for building our own version of "Possom Lodge?"

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a pretty tight summer, but i would love to learn some of the basics of working with stone. If I get a little time I'll come help out. My sister goes to school in winston salem, so I could justify the drive. Let me know when you will be there.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top