Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 7:28:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah, I saw this over at packing.org. I went to my local BB in Springfield and there isn't a sign up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My letter has been sent. Im really getting tired of these companies stomping on our rights...Please send out some letters guys, it worked for Krogers, im sure we can get more...

It has been brought to my attention today that Best Buy has decided to post signs preventing law abideing citizens the right to carry concealed firearms into there stores mainly in Ohio. I have been a loyal customer of Best Buy since they entered the Dayton Ohio market, but after hearing the news today I have decided to stop shopping at Best Buy for my electronic and appliance needs.

The announcment has me concerned for several reasons and I hope who ever reads this letter will forward it to the highest ranking person within your company. I happen to have a valid Ohio CCW permit and I do carry where ever I go. The law allows me to do so and I choose to have the means to protect myself anytime or anywhere I might be. I have passed rigorous training classes that exceed those required to get a permit, FBI background checks, and have never , not once been arrested for any type of offense in my lifetime. I have earned my right to be able to defend myself, my family, and my friends anywhere I may need too.

Your banning of CCW holders also takes your own legal standing to another level. By banning law abideing CCW holders, you have now opened yourself up to new lawsuits if and when an altercation does take place and there happens to be a CCW holder present who was not allowed to defend himself or someone else due to your corporate policy. It makes you liable in more ways then one. It also affects law enforcment officials in the state of Ohio. The way Ohio law is written, off duty LEO officers are not allowed to carry there firearms into your store either because of your signs. Your signs not only prevent me from defending myself but also prevent law enforcement officers from being able to do the same.

Concealed carry permits have been availible to many other states in which Best Buy operates and up to this day none have had signs posted preventing CCW holders to enter. Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia and others have confirmed that signs are not posted in Best Buy outlets. Why is Best Buy discriminating against Ohioans in this offensive manner?

Best Buy has made the do not patronize list that hundreds of thousands of CCW holders accross the USA use as a guide when it comes to chooseing a place to shop. Just so you know this will indeed make an impact on Best Buy's profit margin. As long as Best Buy has this policy in place, I, my family and my close friends will not patronize your Best Buy stores. I own over $10,000.00 in firearms! How much do you think I spend on electronics and appliances ?

I seriously hope someone with some common sense will read this letter and realize you are banning law abideing citizens and law enforcement officers from shopping in your stores by enacting this policy. We are not the people you need to worry about! The people Best Buy needs to worry about are the one who disregard the law and carry a CCW illegaly without a permit, it happens on a daily basis and they WILL ignore your signs. I will be sure to forward your company copies of my reciepts for electronic purchases I make elsewhere so you can see the money you have lost. I have also encouraged my friends and family to do the same. If by some chance your company decides to change its policy feel free to email me and and let me know. I wont be able to find out on my own since ill be shopping elsewhere.

Sincerly,
Robert Davis

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
With the exception of a few spelling errors - I really like that letter.

A3(CuttingAndPasting)kid.  

ETA - We boycotted a local Food Mart for that for about 2 months before they took the sign back down.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ETA - We boycotted a local Food Mart for that for about 2 months before they took the sign back down.

Which food mart?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which food mart?

The business is listed as "Four Star Food Mart" - I think it's a Clark station - Corner of Hanthorn Rd & SR65.

Funny thing about it is, within the year before the CCW law passed the owner had been kidnapped from behind the counter and taken down to Dayton before being released unharmed.  Then she posted the damned "NO CCW" signs. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Actually a lot of the credit goes to a CCW class trainer who went in there and explained to her the points outlined in viper5194's post.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]
NICE letter, I hope it gets the point across.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
They opened around here a couple of months ago.   I have been in there once.  Not a problem boycotting them as they are too over priced anyway.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which food mart?

The business is listed as "Four Star Food Mart" - I think it's a Clark station - Corner of Hanthorn Rd & SR65.

Funny thing about it is, within the year before the CCW law passed the owner had been kidnapped from behind the counter and taken down to Dayton before being released unharmed.  Then she posted the damned "NO CCW" signs. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Actually a lot of the credit goes to a CCW class trainer who went in there and explained to her the points outlined in viper5194's post.

I remember that incident.

It's a Shell station though, not a Clark.  My partner took the report for the abduction.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:41:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which food mart?

I remember that incident.

It's a Shell station though, not a Clark.  My partner took the report for the abduction.

OK, Shell - not Clark.  Never paid much attention to the name.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top