Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2005 6:53:55 PM EDT
I'd like to build an M4-style carbine.  I'm told that the Columbus Chief of Police (Jackson) and the Franklin County Sheriff (Karnes) are both no-go's when it comes to signing the ATF Form 1, but the Franklin County Prosecutor may be OK.

Has anyone had first-hand experience with a CLEO signoff for a short barreled rifle (SBR)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 2:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
How long a barrel? under 16"

And yes you are right I have also heard they will not sign off on it. The reason, unless you are Leo
you have no need for it. Even if you try to claim collector investment  it's a nogo. as for  FCP goes i have no idea.

good luck

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
With the coming total ban on "assault weapons" in Columbus, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.  Not that I don't wish you all the luck in the world.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Consensus of opinion of everyone I've ever talked to is that there is NO CLEO sign off if you live in Columbus. Everyone I know who's done Class III in Columbus has done it through a corporation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
carshooter is right. Incorporate as a single member LLC for $ 125. Takes about 2 weeks after you send in a very simple form. I was amazed at how easy it is to do. Ordered a suppressor the week after I got my LLC.

OH Secretary of State
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I saw the download forms.
What does an LLC require to maintain it?
Do you have to do some sort of business?
Do you have to file taxes?
Does the LLC own the rifle?
If you dissolve the LLC, does the rifle have to be transferred to someone else?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the LLC own the rifle? - Yes.

If you dissolve the LLC, does the rifle have to be transferred to someone else? - Yes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK, I saw the download forms.
What does an LLC require to maintain it?
Do you have to do some sort of business?
Do you have to file taxes?

In my case, nothing is required to maintain it. If I change my address, I have to submit that info to the SOS office. You are not required to do any business, in fact, you are better off if you don't. In my case, I don't need to file local or State taxes returns for the LLC. I'm still checking on Federal Form C.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top