Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:58:45 PM EDT
I went to the Hiliard show this weekend and got a flyer about the Florida CCW. Has anybody done this? I was curious about the process and training requirements.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about the Florida permit, but with all the reciprocity agreements Ohio has been signing, it doesn't make much sense unless you need to go to Arkansas, South Dakota, or Texas.  I have my Ohio CHL, and by combining that with my non-resident permits from PA ($19) and NH ($20), I'm able to carry in every state the Florida permit gets me, except for the three I mentioned, plus Washington and South Carolina.  Neither NH nor PA require fingerprints or anything else besides a completed form, copy of your OH permit, and money.  The $78 I saved goes toward another AR.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I just looked on packing.org and the Utah permit is reciprocal or recognized by the same states as Florida costs like $20 less ($59) and does non resident permits by mail
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just looked on packing.org and the Utah permit is reciprocal or recognized by the same states as Florida costs like $20 less ($59) and does non resident permits by mail

But where are you going to get the required BCI Weapon Familiarity Certification? IIRC, there are only 5 names on the Ohio list of approved instructors.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't speak for out of state stuff.. but being a florida resident it was cake to get my ccw....   they require training, but my letter from my service jacket saying I qualified expert in pistol was enough... I think they'd accept a hunters safety certificate as well... there is no "official" certification as I understand it... though there are lots of folks around here who claim to be "official" instructors....  that may be a factor for you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:30:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I do know that the OH CCW training qualifies for FL as well so keep your completion certificates.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top