Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 3:29:22 PM EDT
Do any of you guys know a good smith that can either bend back an ak barrel or install a new one for a good price thats near Lima.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
shot close to 675 rounds as fast as I could.  Do you know if you order a SEAK 2 if you could just go to the shop and pick it up then I could drop off the mak at the same time.  thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.ohiorapidfire.com

How the hell did you bend the barrel.

+1 for ORF.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not joking my hanguards lit on fire and I threw it in a creek and looked at it afterwards and it droops down and I already posted about doing that in the AK forum.  Thanks for the info but do you know if you have to have the SEAK 2 shipped to ffl or can you pick it up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a ffl I was just wondering if you could do that so I could cut out the middle man.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
You as a private citizen can ship your firearm to a FFL for service.

Another place for AK work is Troy Sellars at In-Range.  He is in TN.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm not joking my hanguards lit on fire and I threw it in a creek and looked at it afterwards and it droops down and I already posted about doing that in the AK forum.  Thanks for the info but do you know if you have to have the SEAK 2 shipped to ffl or can you pick it up.

Good lord man!! where were you shooting?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I was out on bockey road outside of Delphos it's actually right by route 30 going to Van Wert  but I was shooting into a creek bank so it was safe.  So LPDtactical I would assume that is Lima Police Department so you might know where I'm talking about.  If you are on the police dept. do you know if it's legal to shoot in your yard if you live by 309 cause my buddy has had the cops called numerous times and some of the cops said he can't do it and another just said he had to have a backstop.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Guess that all depends on where on 309 he lives.  Can't shoot in City limits.  So long as he has a backstop and is not in a residential area it shouldn't be a problem....
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was out on bockey road outside of Delphos it's actually right by route 30 going to Van Wert  but I was shooting into a creek bank so it was safe.  So LPDtactical I would assume that is Lima Police Department so you might know where I'm talking about.  If you are on the police dept. do you know if it's legal to shoot in your yard if you live by 309 cause my buddy has had the cops called numerous times and some of the cops said he can't do it and another just said he had to have a backstop.

Out around Van Wert Sportsman range? Been there once.. I know a Van Wert county Sheriff deputy that had me come up that way a while back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks lpdtactical.  No its just outside of delphos heading towards Van Wert by 30 sorry for not being clear it's a woods behind Oscar Lake if you know what that is it's there because they needed the dirt for the overpass
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
thanks lpdtactical.  No its just outside of delphos heading towards Van Wert by 30 sorry for not being clear it's a woods behind Oscar Lake if you know what that is it's there because they needed the dirt for the overpass

Is it near the range out there West of Delphos.  I believe it orients towards 30.  I shoot there from time to time... forget what it's called....  one of my partners is a member there...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
are you talking about that black swamp range on Pohlman Rd.  It's farther out than that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Take 30 west to Middle Point/Lincoln Highway exit, there is an old drive-in theatre there, carry on west on Lincoln to Ringwald Rd, turn south, go down to the campground on left, there is a driveway that wraps around the south side of the campground-lake and runs beside 30 back into an open area with some berms.  

When I was there 2yr ago, Fort Jennings guys showed up to qualify, but they had to wait a couple hr for thier instructor to show up,  so in the mean time, they got to see a few MG's in action.

Ate at the small truck stop-eatery there around the corner a couple times.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok I know where the place is now!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top