Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/6/2004 6:17:22 PM EDT
Who's going????????I could go either Sat AM, or Sun AM......
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sat AM w/cash!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sat AM if I don't hack out a lung with this stupid cold...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
My only option is Saturday morning.

I'm taking my wife to the Allen Theater for the Phantom of the Opera on Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Might go Sat. A.M. with cash. Or, save up for Berea.  
That one happens day after payday...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Smudge, Medina has been much better than Berea lately. I wish I had your $$$$$, I'd burn mine!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Smudge, Medina has been much better than Berea lately. I wish I had your $$$$$, I'd burn mine!!!!!

They'd see yer smoke in Toledo....

edit to add
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to the last one in Medina, the vendors were packed in there pretty tight.
I like Berea because the same vendors show up and were not packed in there to tight.

Hate being elbow to elbow at shows.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I should be there about 0930.....i'll be the one wearing the red carnation..opps, wrong site!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I was there this morning. Seemed to me that the sellers of Ar mags haven't  got the word on the AWB expiring.  Prices ran 20-30 bucks for plain 30 round mags, didn't see anyone buying either.

Looked at some collapsable  butt stocks, didn't find quite exactly what I was looking for. I'll probably wind up buying one on the EE board.

Only thing I bought was a flash suppressor for my formerly post-ban rifle. Now I've got to put my lathe back together  so I can thread the muzzle 1/2X28 TPI.   I'm also going to make up a fixture so I can thread the muzzle without  having to dismount the barrel from the upper . Should be an interesting project!

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember the good old days when you could go to a show and actually find deals. This was a waste of five bucks unless you really need a good chuckle. There was a LOT of proverbial crack-smoking going on with the dealers. I was not really impressed with the prices. 130 bucks for a used red dot sight that I can buy brand new at the local shop for 83..... Un frickin' believable. Wasn;t a total waste as there was some cool surplus stuff for the surplus junkie in me.

One other thing....the Walther .22 LR bullpup rifle has to be one of the UGLIEST weapons I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#12]
There were some decent prices on no-ban stuff, but not a huge selection. Wound up going home with a pair of OD green rifle-length AR handguards for $5 and a bunch of cases from Ace Case.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I showed up with acsh and left with a new AR!!  I took a chance on a DPMS 20" no-ban.  We will see how it works out.  I have always been a Bushmaster guy, but they are just not shippping anything that I was looking for.  Anybody else have experience w/DPMS.  But you guys were right, there were some pretty slim pickings.  I tried to get a new holset for my 229 but waited around forever to get the dealers attention with no success.  I left without it and ordered it strait from Don Humes site when I got home.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#14]
DPMS...One of our regulars at GR brought two brand new ones to one of our group shoots. Neither one worked properly. I recall one being a mag problem, and I think the other had a bolt problem. Don't know if they ever got fixed, I haven't seen them since.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Uh oh.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah I got a day to burn this week since I worked today.  I am going to try to get out to GR.  I would liket o get out there Sunday with the group going out but this is Bowling Greens alumni weekend and I will be just getting back from that on Sunday.  Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#18]
mmsig is refering to kevf7's rifles I believe. If I remember correctly he had a DPMS 308 that had a huge problem with the mags being WAY to tight in the magwell. THe other was a 7.62x39 AR. It seemed that they used a standard bolt buffer and it was too light. It was causing serious cycling issues. Neither was a normal ar-15. I have heard pretty good things usually.  Don't worry AR-15 problems are usually pretty easy to fix.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Don't worry AR-15 problems are usually pretty easy to fix.

Hey, I fixed my self-collapsing buttstock. I figure of anybody around here, you'd be the happiest to hear about this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I got mine and it was pretty much the same as yours. I screwed in the pin a little farther just to make sure my gun doesn't try to meet my face.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Range Report = Good!

Did have a mag problem from the get go though.  Only 3 of the 5 worked flawlessly, other two failed to feed.  I am guessing it was weak springs.

Rifle grouped great, no jams. Shot about 300 rounds total.  At 200 I thoroughly cleaned then fired another 100.  After the cleaning the rifle smoothed out to better than it was on shot 1.  

I was using M193 that was about 2 years old (lot 10).  I was thinking of M855 next time.

Overall impression is good.  I'll know after a couple thousand rounds how good it is.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know the vendor who was against the far right wall almost in the right corner.  They had Aks and ARs?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top