Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/24/2004 8:17:38 AM EDT
MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE INDICATED, IF YOU HAVE SEVERAL BRANDS,
PICK THE BRAND YOU WOULD LIKELY TO BUY NEXT TIME. (YOUR FAVORITE)

Sorry there isn't more space for different options,
or if I should have chosen another brand like Oly, Armalite, etc..
If you choose "OTHER" maybe you can list it.

I'm just curious, on a local level, what's the standard?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ 0 ]  Colt  [ 0% ]
[ 3 ]  Bushmaster  [ 50% ]
[ 1 ]  Rock River  [ 16.67% ]
[ 0 ]  DPMS  [ 0% ]
[ 0 ]  other  [ 0% ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Votes :: 6

The math of ARFCOM polls is confusing
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt - 1
Bushmaster - 1
RRA - 7
Armalite/Eagle - 8  (3 AR10)
CavArms - 3

And to think, I only had TWO ARs before I 'found' this site.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, before the tragic boating accident, I used to have an Armalite, a couple of Colts, a couple of Oly Arms, a PWA, an Eagle Arms, and a couple of franken-ars made from 80% cast lowers.

I sure do miss those rifles...  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster, CavArms and Armalite (if you count AR10s).  

IMO the lower does not the rifle make.  If you get one from a reputable maker that is in spec my guess is there isn't much difference at least performance wise.  In my case the CavArms and the Bushy worked equally well when they had the stock triggers.  Uppers at one time were identical, 20" bushy and honestly other than the weight they shot the same.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't descriminate and use all types
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
1 complete Colt "AR15A2"

1 Oly lower (SBR)

1 Sendra lower, still bare, 9+ year later

1 Bushmaster barrel. 2 DPMS barrel, 1 custom from blank

Uppers are mystery funshow stuff, same for the rest of the parts.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Lowers:

Essential Arms
Olypic Arms
Colt

Uppers:
Colt
Olympic
LMT
RRA
Bushmaster
DPMS

This reflects all of the rifles I have had, not just the ones I have now. In the future I will stick with Colt and LMT.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't own any.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Colt A3, LEO Tactical Carbine...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Lowers:

Armalite
Bushmaster
Cavalry Arms
DPMS
Rock River Arms
Stag Arms

Multiples of all but the Armalite and Bushmaster.

Complete rifles

Armalite
Bushmaser

I clicked (other) on the poll and it ignored the vote

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Olympic (2)
Rock River
Eagle Arms
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have/had any they really don't/didn't like very much?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bushmaster, CavArms and Armalite (if you count AR10s).  

IMO the lower does not the rifle make.  If you get one from a reputable maker that is in spec my guess is there isn't much difference at least performance wise.  In my case the CavArms and the Bushy worked equally well when they had the stock triggers.  Uppers at one time were identical, 20" bushy and honestly other than the weight they shot the same.  

I guess when I say lower, I mean the parts kit, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Both of mine are Mega lowers, all home assembled. Ill never buy a complete AR.... There just too easy and cheap to build yourself.. Hopeing to buy a couple more mega lowers soon. They are super nice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Both of mine are Mega lowers, all home assembled. Ill never buy a complete AR.... There just too easy and cheap to build yourself.. Hopeing to buy a couple more mega lowers soon. They are super nice.

Where did you get them?  I've seen them on the EE here, but my FFL is not on file with them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've actually never had one that didn't function and fit very well, regardless of all the different brands I have.  My AR15 mo-jo is strong.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Cavalry Arms carbine

2 RRA Stripped Lowers
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#19]
My lower is pre-"94", Coal Valley Eagle Arms  made by LMT.  It has worked flawlessly.

The next lower I will be purchasing will also be of LMT manafacture, either a LMT, DSA or PWA.  I will also get a J&T lower parts kit which other forum members have verified to be identical to Colt parts.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah, my Hesse.  Bought it before I knew anything about ARs...what a bad purchase that was!  Glad I found this site and decided to buy another AR.  

Oh, anybody want to buy a Hesse?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#21]
If you list it as "HESSE AIRSOFT" on ebay, I think you'll be OK, under the rules.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you list it as "HESSE AIRSOFT" on ebay, I think you'll be OK, under the rules.

It's not like it really fires, so it's kinda like selling one of those WWII Grease Guns that has had the bolt welded...

I want to bring it to one of the Ohio shoots at Miller's sometime, and see how well the Carbin Amorid will stand up to a 5.56mm round....
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top