Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/22/2004 9:41:40 AM EDT
I want to make my post-ban Bushmaster carbine into a no-ban.  I want to add a flash suppressor, bayonet lug, and collapsible stock.  Are there any shops in the Columbus area that sell these and can install the flash suppressor and bayonet lug for me?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#1]
New Albany Shooting Range sells AR's pretty reasonably.
Vance's carries a lot of them to look at, and price is good.
Powder Room does $20 transfers.

ADCO firearms, in Northern Ohio, does ridiculously fast, inexspensive, barrel work.
They are pros.  I would go that route, rather than a local, hardly-ever-does-it shop.
Turnaround is like a week. The locals shops, would just have someone else do it anyway.  And I bet turnaround is a month or more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Adco! Steve will treat you right!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
buckeye outdoors at buckeye lake
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oh, do they sell black rifle accessories?  I've been meaning to stop in there.

ADCO is a bit of a haul from Columbus...that's why I was asking about a local place.

Thanks for the tips.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, do they sell black rifle accessories?  I've been meaning to stop in there.

ADCO is a bit of a haul from Columbus...that's why I was asking about a local place.

Thanks for the tips.

I've never heard of anyone actually going to ADCO.  With $4 shipping of anything over $20, I can't see spending any gas money.  Cheap shipping, and great prices on rifles and accessories.  And like Leasure Shoot said, their turnaround time is rediculously fast.  As long as you find a good FFL to ship too (Powder Room is a steal at $20 Transfers), I would just purchase on the net.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't been for a few years, but there was a place in Hilliard called Gun World.  I think he is a Class 3 dealer.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Haven't been for a few years, but there was a place in Hilliard called Gun World.  I think he is a Class 3 dealer.

Gone severely downhill, unfortunately. Not much there, and what is there is insanely priced. Used to be a neat place.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#8]
They still carry sparkle hats??  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They still carry sparkle hats??  

No, those are custom order item. If you want the real deal, you have to know people.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I am in the know about sparkle hats.

A real staple in the music business.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am in the know about sparkle hats.

A real staple in the music business.

Yup, all the coolest, mostest badass rock and roll stars have one. hehe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've never heard of anyone actually going to ADCO.  With $4 shipping of anything over $20, I can't see spending any gas money.  Cheap shipping, and great prices on rifles and accessories.  And like Leasure Shoot said, their turnaround time is rediculously fast.  As long as you find a good FFL to ship too (Powder Room is a steal at $20 Transfers), I would just purchase on the net.  

Pardon my ignorance, but if I just ship my upper sans bolt, do I have to ship to an FFL?  All I want him to do is add a birdcage flash suppressor and a bayonet lug front sight assembly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Pardon my ignorance, but if I just ship my upper sans bolt, do I have to ship to an FFL?  All I want him to do is add a birdcage flash suppressor and a bayonet lug front sight assembly.

You do NOT have to ship your UPPER to an FFL.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Call Shawn Herman at Vances.  He does a great job on AR's.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Call Shawn Herman at Vances.  He does a great job on AR's.

I just came from Vance's and he said that it would be "a couple or three weeks" turnaround time.  I may go that route.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Where is ADCO? Link? I'm looking for a good black rifle shop in NE Ohio.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where is ADCO? Link? I'm looking for a good black rifle shop in NE Ohio.
Finnbear

www.adcofirearms.com

They are in North Western Ohio....Sylvania.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]

I just came from Vance's and he said that it would be "a couple or three weeks" turnaround time.  I may go that route.

kill-9, how much did he quote you for the work? I am interested in doing the exact same thing too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I just sent my upper to ADCO for some work, should be back to me on Monday.  They are easy to deal with and the only hard part about it was finding a box for my upper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#20]
It's not too hard to get a box.  Just order an upper to shoot while yours is getting worked on, then re-use the box to ship yours to ADCO.
Jeez, do I have to 'splain everything?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top