Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/17/2004 8:10:58 AM EDT
I see nobody has stepped up and posted a Goodman show thread yet for the show on the 18th & 19th....  Looking out the front door, there is nobody out front,  but there is a fella who has been sitting all morning in a blue pick-up w/ a small red trailer waiting, he still sitting there.

There is a cheezie camper with small trailer backed up to the door, been there all morning, nobody around, trailer has a fish decal/logo on the side.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I was just getting ready to start my Goodman show report, from here in Columbus, but I didn't have anything good to report.  So I guess it's just as well that you beat me to it.

On a somewhat serious note, I may have to swing out there Sun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I sure hope someone shows up there with some 308. For some strange reasion I seem to be about out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well I sure hope someone shows up there with some 308. For some strange reasion I seem to be about out.

What'd you do rob a bank?  It looked like you went through about $1000 worth of .308.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Add the fella who sat backed up at the front door last month till mid afternoon  with the dark blue duelie and red trailer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Swingset and I will be there about 12:30(saturday). I need some ammo and stuff and Craig needs to get some stuff to complete his ninja costume he is wearing to the carbine class.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you guys talking about the Dayton show?  I need to pick up some Wolf Poly do you guys think there will be any decent ammo dealers at the show?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I just "test drove" a new car across the street, lot has a bunch of vehicles there, so it might be similar to last month' show.

The dark blue duelie with red trailer is Model 1 Sales, recognized the fella with the brush cut, and the goofy black hair fella with him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't been there in a while.  Last seen at show $99.00 plus tax per 1000 rounds.  This would have been the June show.

I too need to go and pick up a couple cases.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Picking up a pair of RRA lowers tomorrow morning.  I may still be there by the time Craig and Brian show up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are you guys talking about the Dayton show?  I need to pick up some Wolf Poly do you guys think there will be any decent ammo dealers at the show?

Yes, at the hara arena. Theyre are usually plenty of ammo venders there to get a decent deal. Im thinking this show will be very crowded with more than usual venders.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Im thinking about going early tomarrow . hopeing to find a deal on some magazines. Tapco is selling them for about 12 each for LEO mags. If i can save a few bucks on the shipping and buy them at the show id rather. May have to pick up 500 rounds on 9mm for my XD as well. If i could find a super deal on a lower id probably buy one.  I can get maga lowers for 89 each shipped, why would i wana pay 125+ for one from the show. If i saw one for 89.00  it would be mine,..........Other then that i think ive spent my play money for the next 5 years on both my rifles converting them from post to no ban ..... Oh well, its worth it..................
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The dark blue duelie with red trailer is Model 1 Sales, recognized the fella with the brush cut, and the goofy black hair fella with him.

Does Model 1 sell their "kits" at the show there? I know they do at Knob Creek, I want to get a kit from them. I've seen them at a show once, but they didn't have much stuff set up.

RedLeg, look for Brian and me we can grab some lunch or something. Brian said he's going to wear his John Kerry shirt and a leather thong. He should be easy to see. I'll be out front of him by a bit, the behind view isn't so great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Model 1 was set up at the last Hara show, i would assume they would be at this one since it is supposed to be a big one. the hunting fishing show, gun show and the sunset of the AWB may make this the biggest dayton has seen in a long time.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Model 1 usually takes the end of an aisle, and have 2-3 cases on 1 side full of misc parts, and "stuff" on the other side, with barrels and complete upper assemblies in a rack on the end of the aisle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:

RedLeg, look for Brian and me we can grab some lunch or something. Brian said he's going to wear his John Kerry shirt and a leather thong. He should be easy to see. I'll be out front of him by a bit, the behind view isn't so great.

Ive ditched the idea of the leather thing and instead wearing my white spandex shorts. Be sure to say hello if any of you see me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Super nice show. there was a dealer in the back that had all kinds of AR accesories. I spent way too much cash but was worth it. i picked up 4 LEO/military 30rndrs for 10 each,  2 sling looped end plates, 1 Vortex FH, 2 solid fire pin retaining pins, 2 fireing pins, some magazine rubber dust protectors,  a presure switch tail cap for my G2 light, and a aluminum mount for the light to put on my M4.... Over all i had a great morning. I even lucked out when i stopped at Harbor Friet Tools on the way home, they had one pair of electronic Ear muffs in black for 24.00 They are pretty nice and they actualy work well..... Hope you guys had as much fun as i............

There where also alot of POLICE at the show. heard them say to one dealer they where from the enforcment division and where makeing sure everyone had there ID numbers visible to all. Not sure if they where from the BATF but they all where arms and hade there vests on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, not a bad show at all.  I was also surprised by the number of LEOs present.  I picked up my two stripped RRA receivers, two bricks of Winchester Dynapoints for $10 ea, and a Surefire G2Z...oh, and a bunch of GWB paraphenalia (sp?).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought the show was ok. Not as good as I had invisioned though. I had hopes vendors would be running around handing people deadly assault weapons for basically pennies. I can hope for next time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They were likely The King's Revenue Enforcement Squad.  They have been hitting the shows looking for unlicensed businesses.

Fixed it for ya.

I thought the show was pretty good.  Not a lot of great gun deals, but I scored some needed accessories, including an SC1 Vortex for JME's thread job on my Bushy and a Cav Arms colapsible to complete my evil little baby.

I saw a lot of Enfields, which is what I look for, but nothing I couldn't live without. Also saw a super deal on a Izzy Heavy Barrel FAL when I went to leave, but I had to restrain my wallet from opening up. Too bad, nice gun.

I did see one guy wearing a John Kerry shirt on my way out too, people were looking at him like he was a babboon in a tulip-cup bra. I wonder if he even realized what an assbag he is? Probably not.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be down there in the morning. Decided on my way home from work this evening that I wanted to go, just to get some mags and ammo if nothing else. What'd be nice is to find some decently priced .303 ammo. My Enfield hasnt gotten to see much use since I got it, cuz I have had almost no ammo for it. Also need .223, .45, 5.45mm, and esp. .308.  But I'll probably end up buying that all online. Lower prices and cuts out the vampire tax.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I see something I like, and actually have enough money for it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I just got the call to be in Cincy for work Monday morning.

On the bright side, that means that I'll be passing thru Dayton Sunday afternoon, and the company is paying my mileage.

It's been a couple years since I've been to a Dayton show, I hope this one is better than the last.
Then again, any gun show is better than no gun show.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Who was selling RRA Lowers at the show? I need a couple more.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I had pre-arranged my RRA lowers through OneShot.  He is at the end of an aisle towards the gunshow entrance (not the hunting entrance) in a U shaped booth with red-lined display cases and a rack of Blackhawk nylon.  He only had one left that I was aware of but it was a deal at $120.  I could have bought a $90 lower from Ameetec or something but by the time I pay $10 in shipping and a $25 transfer fee, I'm withing five bucks of the RRA that I can actually look over before I buy.  

I didn't see any deals on Mags that I thought were worthy of my money and some vendors still had theirs priced as pre-bans.  I'm sorry, but I'm simply not willing to pay $20 for a 20 or $25-30 for a 30 anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Damnit! The ammo booth in the corner was selling LC SS109 at $167 / thousand. I paid $219 from ammoman 2 weeks ago!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn Finally a decent Goodman show and I miss it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't feel crapped on, I work across the street, and I did not attend either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
It wasnt that good, really. There were a few decent buys, mostly ammo, other than that, blah. My wife said she didnt want to go to that show again, she's rather just go to the PRO shows. All in all, I'd say the 2 hours spent driving each way wasnt a total waste, but just barely. We went to A&W for lunch, since there arent any around my neck of the woods, and we STILL havent been able to find a Sonic.

There were a few Chinese AK drums, I thought about picking one up, but I'm not too keen on spending $100 for a magazine.  

I ended up leaving with a case of Port .308 and a bayonet for my only AK with a lug.

Major surprise though....there was no jerky guy! The stun gun guy was there, as was the guy selling Nazi patches, then there was the Chinese Junk Dealer: laser pointers that break after a couple minutes use (my stepdaughter, the Eternal Brain, bought one of these....which promptly broke or something, she thought she could take it back....LMAO!), some kind of flashing/blinking/some damn thing lights. Sucks, cuz we actually wanted some jerky (that guy gets some of my money EVERY damn show, thanks to the wife and kids).

Hey, how about that guy who had South African .223 ammo, in a battle pack, ONLY $70 for 300 rounds. I think he also had the Port battle packs, for $50 or so, on the next table they were $30 or $150 a case, out the door. I think it was that same guy who had a battle pack of 7.62x39mm, clear plastic, that he had OPENED AND TOOK OUT 2 BOXES, then re-sealed somehow and was trying to sell. I saw the cut in the plastic. Nice try asshole.

I really should have picked up a case of the Federal XM-193, or the Winchester Q3131 sitting right next to it from the guy on the end of the aisle over by the door to the hunting expo.

Oh well, theres a PRO show next month, and again in November, and I'll be going to both of them.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, do people fail to realize that the ban went away? MAgs were WAY overpriced, with the possible exception of some M1A mags. I dont have an M1A, and dont know a whole hell of a lot about the mags (who made the good ones other than the GI ones), but there were some parkerized steel ones for $20, which is a lot better than the $50 they usually go for. But some of these idiots...jeez. Take the damn "Pre-Ban" label OFF your AR's that are sitting on the table, asspuppet! All they are now is ten year old, USED rifles!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Sonic sucks major ass.
We see their commercials on tv in Columbus.
So I looked on the net and found the nearest one, which is near King's Island.
So my wife and I made a trip to Waynesville to shoot, and an add'l trip further south to Sonic.
I ordered practically one of everything, since I didn't figure we'd be back anytime soon.
Orur total was something like $30 for two of us.
The food was crappy as hell.  The cheesy fries are bad fries with American cheese slices melted on them.
The ice cream desserts sucked, too.
Big let-down.

And their commercials look like their food is the best fast food on the planet.
We must have mentioned how good it looked for over a year now when we saw the ads.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Sonic sucks major ass.

And their commercials look like their food is the best fast food on the planet.

With a few exceptions, I've found that the quality of a fast food restaurant is directly proportional to the amount of retards manning the counter and kitchen.

Case in point, our local Rally's is clean and has english speaking white folks with all their teeth. Great food. Columbus inner city Rally's? Roofing material on a bun, and served slow.

I haven't eaten at Sonic since I was out west, but I don't recall it being anything to orgasm over. With the price of most fast food anymore, I can go to Texas Roadhouse and eat a burger for cheaper, and get waited on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Next time your in the Dayton area, look for a Submarine house if your in for fairly fast food. There subs and onion rings kick ass
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Next time your in the Dayton area, look for a Submarine house if your in for fairly fast food. There subs and onion rings kick ass

+1 on that.

Also up in Troy is a new pace called Culvers (new to Ohio, anyway) that has burgers that make every other place I've tried, taste like damp cardboard. And frozen custard. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Love how the gunshow thread turned into the "Good fast food" thread.

To add to the hijack, there is exactly ONE thing that I miss about the People's Republik of Kommiefornikate:  In-N-Out Burgers.  Only found in the PRK, AZ, and NV. And AZ and NV only have one or two restuarants each, IIRC. Damn, best burger I ever had that I didnt make myself.

To TRY and get back on track, who's going to the PRO show in Hilliard next month? I'll be there. Dont know what day yet, depends on if we work Saturday or not.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Never been to Culvers, but there is always a line for the drive-thru.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Won't be in Hilliard but I do love the In-N-Out burger.   Man, those Double Double's are something to behold in the fast food industry.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Also up in Troy is a new pace called Culvers (new to Ohio, anyway) that has burgers that make every other place I've tried, taste like damp cardboard. And frozen custard. Good stuff.

There's a Culver's in Hilliard(ish).  It is just off I70, at the Hilliard-Rome road exit.  Just south of Wal-mart. I was going to compare it to Sonic, but couldn't remember the name.  Good food.  Good service.  Clean place to eat.  Only been there once.  I hate fast food.  We eat it at work almost every day.

I'll go to Hilliard, but that show stinks (literally).
I suspect there will be a little more AR stuff there,
as everyone is still excited about the Ban sunsetting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell lets just all go to White Castle!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hell lets just all go to White Castle!

Let's not!

That stuff runs through my innards like it's under pressure. I don't even think I digest it, just slow it down a bit on it's way out the other end. Yuck. Kinda churning my stomach just thinking about it.

Ok, now that we've devolved into crap stories, I'll vote for going to Hilliard too. Dirt floors, elbow to elbow, and a muddy parking lot. What's not to love?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#40]
MMMMmmmmm........belly-bombs, sliders , or whatever you want to call them.....Eat about 6 of the doubles before you go to the gun show........Makes for a easy way to "clear the isleway"!!, an give ya plenty of elbow room!.....LOL!!!!!

colt!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+1 for Culver's.  I used to eat there all the time in Wisconsin.

mmmmmmmmmmmm.... Frozen Custard... mmmmmmmmmmm  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ok, now that we've devolved into crap stories, I'll vote for going to Hilliard too. Dirt floors, elbow to elbow, and a muddy parking lot. What's not to love?

Dammit, thats the way a gun show SHOULD be!

I think the last PRO show I went to (May? June? Somewhere thereabouts, at Westland Mall) was a bit better than the Goodman show.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Oh yeah, I forgot to add there was some guy selling the new Magpul followers.  You can get them direct from Magpul for $7/3pk.  He was pulling one out of each 3pk, selling the two remaining followers in the pack for $7 and charging $2 for each of the ones he pulled.  This was the same guy back in the corner with a ton of AR15 stuff.  Seeing this practice made me walk away from his booth.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top