Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:35:02 PM EDT
I can't take it anymore, I MUST go to a show this weekend. I am coming from the Cleveland area and need directions. Will be taking I-480. Any information or links would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What he said!

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
71 South to Columbus, to 270 (outerbelt). Take 270 West until you hit West Broad Street. Take that street to the East (left side of 270). First traffic light under the overpass is the Westland Mall. Follow the gun show signs to the rear of the mall where the J.C. Penneys is. That's it.

Oh, and look for me there, I'll be the guy buying up all the cool stuff.

Travel time from Cleveland I'd put at 2.5 to 3 hours, depending on traffic and the weight of your right foot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmm. 2.5 - 3hrs.

I should be there in about 2 hrs. tops....yes, I do have a jet engine hidden under the 4cylinder in my Honda Civic Ex.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Swingset, you comin over with Paradiggum??
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to ask, do you know what exit that is by anychance. A ballpark guestimate would be nice so I dont accidentally miss it and keep going.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
msokol13, do a mapquest or the like for

4411 west broad street columbus ohio 43228

That is the Sears store 30 yards away from the old J.C. Penneys store where the show will be.

That'll get you formal directions.  Not that there was anything wrong with the ones given already....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
swingset, you going saturday?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
swingset, you going saturday?

Yup, probably get there around 10, got a couple buddies from another board I'll be travelling over with, then we're gonna test the range afterwards. If you're not doing anything, you're welcome to join us, or if nothing else grab some chow after the show.

thatmguy, yeah I'll be there with Paradiggum. He still hasn't been able to talk me into a Busse yet, but not for lack of trying. They're damn cool knives but for some reason every spare $250 I have ends up in guns or crates of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I looked it up, I believe that it is exit 7 on 270.

I sure hope this is a good show, anyone know how they compare to the Medina or Berea gun shows??

Last Medina gun show I went to was pathetic, I was pissed that I drove an hour let alone 3
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I sure hope this is a good show, anyone know how they compare to the Medina or Berea gun shows??

Last Medina gun show I went to was pathetic, I was pissed that I drove an hour let alone 3

Kind of subjective, but I think the PRO show at Westland is a good one. Nice venue, some good dealers, and once and a while a great deal. I've been to Medina, and while it was bigger I saw nothing worth paying for.

A lot of times the foot traffic at Westland has some good deals walking around, I've nabbed quite a few guns from spectators at the Columbus show.

What will make or break the Cols. show tomorrow will be if dealers opt for Goodman's in Dayton instead. Last time around only 1 or 2 dealers did, but then we had an overzealous tax agent causing trouble down here so it might chase out some dealers. Will have to see.

If you want to make the trip worth doing, you can always hit Vance's or Buckeye Outdoors while you're down here if the Westland show disappoints, both quality gun stores with good prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I might do that, I will be bringing my glock 22 with night sights. I want to swap it out for a 9mm AR upper.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, it is #7. It is the next exit after you pass 70 which is exit #8.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]
thatmguy,

Nice talking to you at the Westland show today.  I was there with my two sons drooling over the Rat-weiler.  I'm gonna get one of those soon, I promise I'll call you first!

Regards,

Chris

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I hope you didn't waste your time.

I did. At least I met one AR15.com member, thatmguy. Also got a kick out of seeing "crazy surplus guy." He cracks me up every time. For a minute I thought I was at a dog show, dogs running all over the place.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Also got a kick out of seeing "crazy surplus guy." He cracks me up every time.

For a minute I thought I was at a dog show, dogs running all over the place.

Same here, that dude definitely doesn't seem stable.

I was wondering about all the dogs too. Saw some dude with a HUGE Husky. WTF???

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, it was good to meet some fellow arfcommers.

Yep, a lot of dogs.  Wonder if I can pull the legitamate allergy/asthma card and get them to stop allowing them in???

Yes, that surplus guy is quite a spectical.  If you wanna put a dollar in the nickel slot, start him on the Catholic church and child abuse issue.  Woohoo, hold on tight....

Amazing that the attendees complain no deals, and a lot of the dealers complained no one was spending any money.

Ah, 'tis a vicious circle.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top