Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 10:05:07 PM EDT
Ran into this on another site, but haven't had a chance to look into it.  Figured someone here in the know might be able to elaborate more on it.

Friday, May 7, 11:30 a.m. News conference to unveil statewide legislation (H.B. 485) and Cincinnati resolution for a ban on military-style assault weapons in Ohio. Local leaders and advocates say the measures are needed because it appears likely that the federal ban on guns like Uzis and AK-47s will expire this year.

Toby Hoover, 419-244-7442 or 419-260-8043 (cell), for the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Tallon

Check the HB number and repost. This Ohio ban is news to me.   I did a quick search and found this.

HB 485 -- one of two bills changing Ohio law on registration and information on convicted sex offenders. This went into effective June 13, 2002...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You're right Killian, I couldn't find anything on it for the current session.  Just the 2001-2002 session bill with that number that you mentioned.  I can only guess that they're talking about S.B. 170 which I'm sure you guys are probably already well aware.  I've asked for a clarification of the source and hopefully I'll have a link to check out shortly.  Sorry about that, just trying to be neighborly.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep I heard about the Cincinatti counselman who was go to petition the State to pass an Ohio ban on assault weapons.  His quote was something along the lines of  "Assault weapons are weapons of war and belong on the battlefield not on our city streets."  He needs to look at who are doing the killing on his streets and what they are using.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top