Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2004 11:08:26 AM EDT
2 helicopters that look like Bush' ride from White House flew over the shop here real low and around the Hara Arena lot for about 5 minutes. Then they headed of NE towards the Dayton Airport.

They had "United States Of America" on the tail section.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheney was in state, maybe Cincy.  But I thought it was yesterday.
Those are some big birds.  
I see them at the Columbus Airport, occasionally.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Local news reports Bush be in town Tuesday, and he will be across the street from me to speak at 12:15pm. Going to have to get in-laws camera to snap some pics of the big event....

Ohio State Highway Patrol helicopter was buzzing the deck Wednesday I think it was, a few of us stood out in the lot and watched.  The HARA people been painting lines in the lot outside the door that been having the funshows lately, and they have a cheap square wire design wire 4 ft fence alll around the lot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Bush needs to get better planners.  He missed the FunShow by 1 week.

Link Posted: 4/30/2004 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The HARA people been painting lines in the lot outside the door that been having the funshows lately, and they have a cheap square wire design wire 4 ft fence alll around the lot.

They're getting ready for the Dayton Hamvention in a couple of weeks.  The lot is secured with a fence since the fleamarket uses the lot and it's paid admission to the Hamvention and fleamarket.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Could be right, as the painting was not uniform in marking parking spaces.   Somebody at the shop said Hamvention was not coming back to Dayton.  I usually listen to the fella give directions to the people coming in to the show, surprising how many times the fella gives the same directions, and half the time they don't have anybody on frequency that knows anything about the Dayton area to get around.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Hamvention has an agreement with Hara for 3 more years.  After that, talk has been of moving it elsewhere (rumors are Columbus).

Hara, Dayton, and all the surrounding areas are going to have to fight pretty hard in order to keep it in the area.  Show attendees bring millions in revenue to area businesses every year.

It surprised me last year that they had so many people who didn't know their way around (or even have access to a simple street map) volunteer to be talk-in.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE--->   You would think with Mr Bush coming, and being across the street, that we should have been invaded by those fellas in suits w/machine guns and sniper rifles checking out our place of employ here. I just turned and looked out the front door and threre sits a Trotwood PD SUV at the front service door.

I do have the in-laws camera to try and get some pics if something interesting should appear.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Manager came out into the shop, says Secret Service will visit either later this afternoon, of course I left at 3:45..... and they should be in the building when I arrive for work at 8am Tues.... they will close all entrance to our lot at 10:30 am? and ask that no cars be moved on the lot during the hours Bush is near.  Basically we wont be accepting customers for car repairs for a # of hours. Manager says leave all suspicious things at home,, though I wonder what the SS would think if I wore my "HK" hat w/MP5 pin, my UZI t-shirt, and of course the license plate on my car----->  MP5SD.

I'll try to get some pics if I can of the confusion if I can.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Trotwood PD cars all over, protesters across the field from our side door, fellas in black suits-trench coats standing around.  PD car at our east side drive way has a 10 or 11" M16 propped up in the front seat with him, says I need to stay closer to our building --- Well  Kiss My A$$--

We blocked the lot at 10:30 per PD request.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
though I wonder what the SS would think if I wore my "HK" hat w/MP5 pin, my UZI t-shirt, and of course the license plate on my car----->  MP5SD.

I'll try to get some pics if I can of the confusion if I can.

SBR,

They probrably already know about you as you have a good "paper trail".  Acually  I'm surprised they didn't come right out and talk to you direct.

Too bad we couldn't get the frequency that the SS use and a decoder.  (And no Brian your secret decoder ring won't work) .  Hell SBR they might have 1 person keeping an eye just on you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I went ahead and forwarded this link to the Feds to help out.  

They said they be right over.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top