Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2003 8:10:35 AM EDT
Anybody interested????????I realize there are funshows over the weekend,go to the funshow on Sat,and try out the new additions the following day!!!!Possibly meet about noon, shoot till about 4:30, then tie on the feed bag somewhere......
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm in...don't have any $ for new toys, but i'll play with my old ones...
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Positively!!! Bill should I bring the CETME?
Kev
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Negative!!!!Leave that thing home, I still have the scar from the hot brass!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot!  or not, actually.  I can't make it this time, guys.  Hopefully next month!  I'm probably going to be out there every Saturday in September; I've been shooting-deprived for the last month.

Take it easy,
fiz
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I should be able to attend on Sunday. My Dad can't make it this weekend due to his work schedule. mmsig229 isn't it your time to buy at Blazin Bills????
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:16:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Huh????you're the real estate tycoon, not me. I'm just a struggling public servant!!!! if you'd rather go somewhere else, that's fine with me. Just not "extra cheese is extra." Should we warn Groucho about the impending invasion????maybe Barney will be at home spraying his rose bushes and leave us alone. Groucho can keep an eye on us......
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Well this is the first time I can make it. As of right now I'll be there, nice to meet some of you.
No I'm not buying at Bill's just because it's my first time. I already have 6 mouths to feed all the time.
What should I bring?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Don, looking forward to meeting you. Bring anything you like. Belt fed machine guns, and mini guns are a no no though. Don't forget to pick up your pass anywhere that sells hunting/fishing licenses. Bring a stapler (and extra staples for engineer), eyes, ears, and paper targets. Target holders are provided. Don't pay any attention to Capitalist's assessment of your pattern, he thinks everybody shoots high and to the left....
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well this is the first time I can make it. As of right now I'll be there, nice to meet some of you.
No I'm not buying at Bill's just because it's my first time. I already have 6 mouths to feed all the time.
What should I bring?

Enough ammo for everyone would be a good start
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm planning on showing up. Should be able to join you all for dinner this time too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad to see you all can make it. MMSIG229 is a friend of mine. I've met Capitalist and he is a great guy and fun to be around.
I love to shoot but dont get much opportunity lately. It's nice to meet other shooters especially ones interested in the same type of fire arms. The more that can make it the better!
The weather looks like it will be perfect.
Kevin
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in h,.

Looking forward to seeing you all. Don't forget the passes, and if you want to bring the mini gun, that's fine with me. Just fire it semi-auto. (one of those grin thingies here)

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
if you want to bring the mini gun, that's fine with me. Just fire it semi-auto. (one of those grin thingies here)

Hey, I thought we could have 3-round bursts!

Maybe I should bring my full-auto staple gun since mmsig229 is bringing me extra staples...

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if you want to bring the mini gun, that's fine with me. Just fire it semi-auto. (one of those grin thingies here)

Hey, I thought we could have 3-round bursts!

Maybe I should bring my full-auto staple gun since mmsig229 is bringing me extra staples...

mmsig229 shoots high and to the left even with the staple gun
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]
3-round bursts only in semi-auto. Anything else makes you shoot high and to the left

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I should be there a bit later on for an hour or so of .30-06 abuse of my shoulder. GOT to get some ribbs in me or I'll be duckin some incomming from CAPITALIST. (low and to the right, I'm thinkin)
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I should be there a bit later on for an hour or so of .30-06 abuse of my shoulder. GOT to get some ribbs in me or I'll be duckin some incomming from CAPITALIST. (low and to the right, I'm thinkin)

I was wondering when our buddy Smudge would grace this thread with his presence. You goin to the rib shack with us this time or is there an orchastra playing somewhere that you've got to check out
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Smudge will be there, even if we have to kidnap him at his house first!!Guard your ribs though Smudge, Capitalist may try to distract you so he can snare a couple off your plate. Can't wait to see what KevF7 brings. He's on probation, he's missed the last couple of shoots.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#19]
When and where?

I am fairly certain I cannot make it this weekend, but maybe in the future with more of a heads up...

mug
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Grand River in Trumbull county.
www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/shooting/granges.htm
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys I need directions.  I'll be coming from Middleburg Hts. either 71N or 480E. thanks.  Don
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey guys I need directions.  I'll be coming from Middleburg Hts. either 71N or 480E. thanks.  Don

Plan your route through mapquest.com or mapblast.com. Thats probably the best way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Get onto 422 east into Parkman. Turn left on 528 (88), right on 88, drive 2.1 miles past 534, the entrance is on your left near a giant pile of gravel.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks I will be bringing my 625 V-Comp just because it needs more lead through it. Just haven't decided on another .45, most likely the HK USP. I do have to sight in my 10/22. See you there. Don
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
We should just have Blazin' Bills cater the entire event.  That way we wouldn't have to stop shooting in order to eat.  No precious shooting time would be wasted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We should just have Blazin' Bills cater the entire event.  That way we wouldn't have to stop shooting in order to eat.  No precious shooting time would be wasted.

That sounds like a Damn Good Idea to me! Why didn't I think of that?

I'd probably get BBq sauce all over my mags though
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll be bringing another guy with me from work. what is this about only 3 shots at a time out of your semi auto. Is that why you call him Barney. or is that a state law.
  I did buy a 657 Classic hunter at the show today, But I couldn't afford the ammo so it will have to wait until next time. Don
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Don, it's a range rule to only have three round bursts. No sense in getting Barney all riled up!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm going to try and attend.  Been super busy lately though, I'm aching to do some shootin'.  The last time I was at Grand River was the time of the famous "Holy Crap your CETME launched a piece of brass into my neck!" episode.  Try standing to the left next time mmsig229 (or wear a turtleneck) :)

If I come I'll probably only be toting the smallbores, got a modded 10/22 to break-in and sight-in.  I won't know until about midnight tonite if I'm coming, got to check with the "Boss", she works late saturday nights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm going to try and attend.  Been super busy lately though, I'm aching to do some shootin'.  The last time I was at Grand River was the time of the famous "Holy Crap your CETME launched a piece of brass into my neck!" episode.  Try standing to the left next time mmsig229 (or wear a turtleneck) :)

If I come I'll probably only be toting the smallbores, got a modded 10/22 to break-in and sight-in.  I won't know until about midnight tonite if I'm coming, got to check with the "Boss", she works late saturday nights.

Long time Pete! I was there at the freeze your nuts off shoot that day. That wind chill was fierce. Come out and bust some caps. Come with us to Blazin Bills afterward for some BBQ
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Tomorrow will be an AK day for me. I'm bringing the SAR 1,2, and 3, for our shooting enjoyment!!!!Heidi, and Mr.Colt will remain snoozing in their big metal box......PS. it's about time smallbore freak emerged, I was about to do a missing person's report....
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll be bringing a new addition to the family late in the afternoon. Made an unexpected purchase at the Fun show, I sure hope it shoots good but I guess I can't expect a 62 year old M-1 to be a tack driver...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Smuge,
Beauty of a Garand.

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Range Report 08/24/03:

I am pleased to report that we found only one violation among the AR15.com bunch.
It seems that the tire tread depth on the Engineer's wagon (used to haul his extensive collection of AR's from the car to the range stand) was sub-standard. The violation has been noted and I expect this serious breach of safety to be taken care of by the next visit.

Your friendly range officer,

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#35]
We had a good time. we shot at all three ranges, until they through us out of the pistol range. they wanted to clean up.
Sorry you didn't like my shorts, I'll bring a different color next time.  "Don"
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#36]
YES another fine afternoon at Gr and Blazin Bill's! I'm already looking forward to the next time! Just sitting back drinking Michelob now and watching one of my favorite movies for the 50th time. "The Mummy" on TNT
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
It seems that the tire tread depth on the Engineer's wagon (used to haul his extensive collection of AR's from the car to the range stand) was sub-standard.

Just wait till I show up at the range next time with this!!!

or maybe I'll have to go with this for added hauling capabilities:

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Groucho, I think engineer got you this time!!!!You guys crack me up!!!Another great day of fun,feeding, and frolicking. The kids are already cleaned and getting ready for bed. There's the smell of hoppes, and orange glo citrus cleaner in the air. Most of the regulars were present, and a new face also, Verba. A bunch of new toys to try out, and some old standards. Once again groucho, thanks for doing your part (and the other Ro's also), to help make our day safe and fun. I'll make sure to look up in the O.R.C. the proper tread depth for engineer's tires. A citation may be forthcoming. We'll get together again soon.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I had a great time! I wish the DPMS Rep would have been there though Either I'll have the problems sraightened out by then (on my own or thru DPMS) or I'll bring out a few Colts! I think I'll try some Stoner mags in the .308 and go with the Engineer and GunCrazy's idea on a heavier buffer tube and spring on the 762x39. The Bush master and VEPR were fine but the other two had me aggrivated!
It was nice to meet the ones I just met today, and good to see Bill and Chris again. I owe you guys a round, or the next dinner on me though. I got a "to go" and forgot to figure that in! Just remind me next time, I'll more than make up for it. I musta been frustrated

The Range Masters were great. I hope to go again sooner than later.
Kev.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the complement and the tips on the Garand Groucho. Yeah, I'm pleased about the purchase. Yer never sure 'bout the condition of a used item till you use it. If it wasn't for Danno_man's input I'd a never went through with buyin it. Glad I did!

Hay engineer, I can't use the wagon for drive by bayonet-ings unless the top goes down!

Good ribbs, good time! Hope we can get in one more gathering before the end of good weather - Kev needs another shot at ironing out his DPMS problem... Oh yeah and the ribbs...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]
My Pleasure!
Sooner the better!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#42]
hey kev, don't worry about the take out, you can buy the onion loafs next time!!!Blame engineer for the mix up, he's the one with the calculator in his palm pilot. Anyway, if he can't figure out the bill, who can??? Though I bet fizassist could give him a run for his money in the IQ department!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Engineer, Nice rig. Just check the tire tread depth. (lol)

I really enjoyed having you folks over for a day of fun and shooting. You're welcome at the range any time.

Warmest regards
Groucho
(your friendly range safety officer)
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#44]
...and a great time was had by all.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:13:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Kevf7, clean out your IM box...
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#46]
IM Box clean now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Excellent day and excellent folks. Food was good, guns were great. Kev I think those guns will probably be running sweet with just a little tweeking and some good break in. Don't give up on the less expensive mags, take a file to those bad boys and I bet within 5 minutes you will have one working perfectly They were beautiful toys, the dissipator rocks. Bill's russian ladies ran pretty good, but the SAR 3 really didn't like one mag. You know how sensitive those AK's can be.

The round that got stuck in the barrel of my garand was out within 10 minutes of walking in the door, I will probably bring it again next time with some better ammo.

I think we should all get little red wagons and hook them together behind Chris's new 4-wheeler. I wonder what would be said when he rode in with ten little wagons trailing behind. There isn't a rule specifically saying we cant use a 4-wheeler, it would be nice to go down range checking targets with, and makes them bayonetings a true drive.

Really looking forward to next time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Egads!! There's nothing in the book that says you can't have a wagon train on the rangehock.gif.

Oh, great. I can see it now. I'll have to check the tread depth on every tire!!!! Arrrrgh.

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey Rick, I'm glad you got the Garand straightened out. Scott let me shoot his down at the other end. It was nice. Haven't shot one since Iwo Jima, well, that's another story!!!!!Groucho, when are you and Bob (?) going to join us for ribs?????
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I think we should all get little red wagons and hook them together behind Chris's new 4-wheeler. I wonder what would be said when he rode in with ten little wagons trailing behind. There isn't a rule specifically saying we cant use a 4-wheeler, it would be nice to go down range checking targets with, and makes them bayonetings a true drive.

Really looking forward to next time.

Hell of an idea Rick! I never thought of that. The 4 wheeler probably wouldn't fit through the gate though
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top