User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/8/2003 7:26:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn Taft...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If we can't get this through w/ Taft in office, imagine how hard it would be w/ some flaming liberal (not that he's far off from that!).  

I wonder if the vehicle restriction they're trying to get through would apply to a bicycle?  Per the ORC, it's considered a vehicle.  I'd hate to think that I couldn't carry when I'm out mountain biking, but I could carry while walking on the same trail.  I just hope that enough people come to their senses about this whole issue.  

I also like how the Highway Patrol opposes the guns in cars thing.  I'm sure that's exactly what they were told to think.   I can just see the budget slash the minute they oppose the one who gives them their bread and butter, so that fact that they oppose the bill really means nothing to me.  The FOP on the other hand does matter, but with the Buckeye Sheriff's in favor of the law, I think that adds some well needed balance to a bill that is opposed mostly by the ignorant and spineless.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I like GOA's position on the qhole thing: DON'T pass this bill. Wait until the courts rules we have "vermont style" carry, and tell Taft to go ride a Pork Sword...
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Why are people from Ohio so much more deadly, or careless, or blood thirsty that the other 44 states with CCW?
We went through a lot of this in KY before our CCW was passed, but they never had a problem with the gun in the car thing.
The KY press just whined and wrung their hands about shootouts over fender benders and all the Rambos that would be created with CCW.  (Didn't happen, just another state with a big drop in crime)
With the stats out there from all the other CCW states, I can't see how the Anti's & Taft's arguements can hold water.  Unless Ohioans really are a more blood thirsty bunch! :)
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Why are people from Ohio so much more deadly, or careless, or blood thirsty that the other 44 states with CCW?
We went through a lot of this in KY before our CCW was passed, but they never had a problem with the gun in the car thing.
The KY press just whined and wrung their hands about shootouts over fender benders and all the Rambos that would be created with CCW.  (Didn't happen, just another state with a big drop in crime)
With the stats out there from all the other CCW states, I can't see how the Anti's & Taft's arguements can hold water.  Unless Ohioans really are a more blood thirsty bunch! :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You think one state government can learn something from another state?  

Taft to go ride a Pork Sword...

Amen on that one!  What a fag and an embarassment to the GOP.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, truth be known, we Ohioans are all a bunch of friggin' psychos...

Taft is truly lost.  He is a demonstration that the difference between Republicans and DemocRats is not so much.

Edited to fix quote issue...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top