Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 9 of 9)
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Mayday Gun Range
6701 Ringwood Road
Oxford, OH 45056
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking for an outdoor range near Dayton for rifles. We lost Miami Valleys outdoor range.  Really dont like going to Spring valley but it might be the only place. Ive shot at a lot of the clubs around here in the past but dont really know any members anymore.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The fall rifle pop-up shoot is scheduled for Saturday, November 10, 2018, Veteran's Day weekend!

http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/Events.html

Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RareBear:
The fall rifle pop-up shoot is scheduled for Saturday, November 10, 2018, Veteran's Day weekend!
View Quote
That looks like fun.  I’m gonna try to get up there for that, need to break my Camp Perry cherry someday!
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Alliance Rifle Club
Miami Rifle and Pistol Club
Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association at Camp Perry
Solon Sportsmen's Association

All hold matches on ranges that go to at least 600 yards, if not 1000 yards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wtwining:
I've all but given up hope on finding a 500 yard rifle range in Ohio....
Alliance Rifle Club

Forgot http://thundervalleyprecision.com

Out to over a mile including steel. They have 50BMG matches at 1000 yards and a mile (1760 yards)
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be attending the pop-up rifle shoot. I will he leaving from the Utica/Newark area at 6am to drive to Camp Perry for registration at 8am. Anyone need a ride PM me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello all,
I am looking for a range to join in the canton area.  I'm hoping to find somewhere within a 30 min drive that won't have any issues with tactical/black rifle type shooting (multiple target arrays, pistol & AR at the same time, no 1 shot per 5 second type rules etc)

So far I have found:

Brown Township Sportsman Club in Malvern
http://www.browntwpsportsmanclub.com/

Louisville Sportsmans Club in Louisville
http://louisvillesportsmans.com/

Greenport Tactical Association in Canton
http://www.greenport-tactical.com/

Alliance Rifle Club in Malvern
http://www.alliancerifleclub.org/index.php

The websites on the first two are somewhat thorough that it seems like i could get away with what I am after but they arent really set up for it.  Im not sure on the last two as their websites arent as detailed on rules and membership.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these or any other suggestions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:16:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deputyjason] [#8]
Originally Posted By 00xjclassic:
Hello all,
I am looking for a range to join in the canton area.  I'm hoping to find somewhere within a 30 min drive that won't have any issues with tactical/black rifle type shooting (multiple target arrays, pistol & AR at the same time, no 1 shot per 5 second type rules etc)

So far I have found:

Brown Township Sportsman Club in Malvern
http://www.browntwpsportsmanclub.com/

Louisville Sportsmans Club in Louisville
http://louisvillesportsmans.com/

Greenport Tactical Association in Canton
http://www.greenport-tactical.com/

Alliance Rifle Club in Malvern
http://www.alliancerifleclub.org/index.php

The websites on the first two are somewhat thorough that it seems like i could get away with what I am after but they arent really set up for it.  Im not sure on the last two as their websites arent as detailed on rules and membership.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these or any other suggestions.

Thanks
View Quote
Greenport is a fantastic place.  The owner is a great guy.  It’s not a place you can shoot at your leisure though.  They have member night through the week and matches/classes/activities on the weekend
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chronium76:

Out to over a mile including steel. They have 50BMG matches at 1000 yards and a mile (1760 yards)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chronium76:
Originally Posted By wtwining:
I've all but given up hope on finding a 500 yard rifle range in Ohio....
Alliance Rifle Club

Also forgot...

Rayners - USPSA, Combat Rifle, Combat Shotgun, and Long Range Rifle marches. Or just hit up the range, which goes out to 1,000.

Briar Rabbit - Regularly scheduled pistol and rifle matches. Also host some pretty big national events for shotgun. IIRC, the girl in their pro shop told me they were selected for a big regional event for USPSA this year. For normal range time, their rifle range goes out to 700. Probably the best kept secret for paid memberships in the central-ish Ohio area.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys. Now that I'm back in the Buckeye State, looking for a range. A pistol out and a 100yd rifle range is a minimum, but I'd like to know if there are any longer range places around Belmont County. I can still do Marshall County HFC in WV. They have a 200yd range. I don't mind driving a little, but something where I can place my target stand and shoot a little further would be nice.

I'm in Bridgeport, OH for distance reference. Thank you
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:10:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Uncle_Billy] [#11]
Hey, if any of you guys are in Cleveland,  Parma, Brookpark  area  or surrounding 'burbs there is a brand new indoor  range that opened up a couple years back, PARMA ARMORY.  this is beautiful and outstanding range!!!!!!!

has 26 shooting stalls!!, 20 of them are on 2 levels!!! and a  archery range.  open 7 days a week,  very well lit. 40 ft. distance.

https://www.theparmaarmory.com/ranges/21-Gun-Salute-Range/

rifles can be fired, 5.56mm only, and none of this one round in the magazine only,  that STONEWALL requires. I loaded up a 100 rd drum in my SLR-106ur, only thing you can't shoot is ammo that has a steel jacked bullet, whether it's 5.56 or pistol ammo,   if the bullet sticks to a magnet you can't shoot it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]
continue

I stopped going to that "ghetto range" called STONEWALL a  long,  long time  ago when the jack hole asked to see the gun I was shooting. showed him my SBR,   then he asked to see the paperwork for it, I told him, "first let me see your LE credentials, because unless you're ATF or a cop I don't have to show you anything and not required to do so" fricken jackholes and their cardboard badges that think they are all of that, HATE THOSE TYPES WITH A PASSION!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:11:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Uncle_Billy] [#13]
and continue again

anyway, back to the range.......this was made specifically to be a shooting range!!!, not a gun store that had a afterthought to put in a few shooting stalls.  they have what I would call a gun shop, but it's tiny and not much there, so if your expecting to see a lot of inventory, better go to the STONEWALL ghetto  

I usually go to the ODNR range Grand River by W. Farmington. but not during the summer! fricken humidity is oppressive, I go either in the early spring or fall and take that long drive,  1 hour 15 minutes,  and usually  end up getting caught in rush hour traffic on  480 coming back

t
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:13:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Uncle_Billy] [#14]
and continue once more

this range is only 10-15 minutes from my house, and that is if I go 5 miles below the posted speed limit

oh, and they do first responder/military discounts for range time. just have to show the person that assigns you a lane your ID. also, you have to swipe your CC, they won't charge you until you check out, and if you want to use your CC or pay in cash.  they just put it on hold.....they had people come in shoot and run without paying

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Impact Shooting center in cleves is a nice range, members only.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Uncle_Billy:
Hey, if any of you guys are in Cleveland,  Parma, Brookpark  area  or surrounding 'burbs there is a brand new indoor  range that opened up a couple years back, PARMA ARMORY.  this is beautiful and outstanding range!!!!!!!

has 26 shooting stalls!!, 20 of them are on 2 levels!!! and a  archery range.  open 7 days a week,  very well lit. 40 ft. distance.

https://www.theparmaarmory.com/ranges/21-Gun-Salute-Range/

rifles can be fired, 5.56mm only, and none of this one round in the magazine only,  that STONEWALL requires. I loaded up a 100 rd drum in my SLR-106ur, only thing you can't shoot is ammo that has a steel jacked bullet, whether it's 5.56 or pistol ammo,   if the bullet sticks to a magnet you can't shoot it.

View Quote

I was in there before they were officially open.  Their prices are insane.  I sure m glad I have lots of places to shoot, with no fees or "rules".  Reading through seom of this thread made me realize how lucky I am in that regard.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Uncle_Billy:
I usually go to the ODNR range Grand River by W. Farmington. but not during the summer! fricken humidity is oppressive, I go either in the early spring or fall and take that long drive,  1 hour 15 minutes,  and usually  end up getting caught in rush hour traffic on  480 coming back

t
View Quote

I drive that far to go to Grand River.  I don't mind the drive and I like being able to shoot without a roof overhead.  Unfortunately, word is that it is closing for at least a year to be rebuilt like the Delaware range.  I've been to Delaware.  It's a two hour drive for me and it's all under cover.

Options in the Cleveland area are poor for an outdoor range.  There are a couple in Amherst/Lorain that are $500 to $900 for the first year, and there are several "clubs" within an hour of me that are several hundred dollars to join, but they are really clubs and they want to see you working fish fries and other non shooting activities together with calendars crowded with matches that push members off the ranges.

Long ago I belonged to ORCO in Ashtabula.  The price was reasonable, but I moved too far away to use it.  I belonged to the Cleveland Grays, but they decided that having an operating range detracted from their mission as a museum.

Can't someone open a range in the Flats?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By zukiphile:

I drive that far to go to Grand River.  I don't mind the drive and I like being able to shoot without a roof overhead.  Unfortunately, word is that it is closing for at least a year to be rebuilt like the Delaware range.  I've been to Delaware.  It's a two hour drive for me and it's all under cover.

Options in the Cleveland area are poor for an outdoor range.  There are a couple in Amherst/Lorain that are $500 to $900 for the first year, and there are several "clubs" within an hour of me that are several hundred dollars to join, but they are really clubs and they want to see you working fish fries and other non shooting activities together with calendars crowded with matches that push members off the ranges.

Long ago I belonged to ORCO in Ashtabula.  The price was reasonable, but I moved too far away to use it.  I belonged to the Cleveland Grays, but they decided that having an operating range detracted from their mission as a museum.

Can't someone open a range in the Flats?
View Quote

I'm in the same boat as you. I go to Grand River sometimes, but only if I absolutely have to, say to sight in a rifle or something. However, it's an hour and a half drive. The Delaware range is nice as far as ODNR ranges go, but they still have the same stupid rules as every other one, and it's a two-hour drive.

When I want to do some indoor pistol shooting, I do like Gun Hub in Sheffield, but only if I can get there when it's mostly empty. Being a public indoor range, there are always plenty of jackasses. The staff is generally super friendly and they do a good job of making sure the range stays safe, but I can't even count how many times I've been flagged there by other shooters.

The only GOOD range I know of in the Lorain/Amherst/Elyria area where you can actually do cool things is NOTTC, but it's really only for classes and LE.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Richwood gun and game club. Northern Union County and they like black rifles.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Looking for a decent range in the Mahoning Valley that has outdoor ranges.

So far all the clubs Ive been able to find are expensive and require a significant amount of time via work commitments.  Coming from PA where the clubs have reasonable (under $100/year) membership fees and limited work requirements, its definitely a big change.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

So far all the clubs Ive been able to find are expensive and require a significant amount of time via work commitments.  Coming from PA where the clubs have reasonable (under $100/year) membership fees and limited work requirements, its definitely a big change.

View Quote

@laxman09  like @fergus556 Richwood is nice.  If I ever get my shit together I'll submit for my membership.  Pistol match in a few weeks too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bdover:

@laxman09  like @fergus556 Richwood is nice.  If I ever get my shit together I'll submit for my membership.  Pistol match in a few weeks too.
View Quote

sir, Id prefer to not drive 3 hours to the range
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#23]

sir, Id prefer to not drive 3 hours to the range
View Quote

But you'd see me.  Depending on the weather is might be ranger panties & helmet setup for the Oct IDPA match down here
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Have you looked at Alliance Rifle Club near Malvern or Solon Sportsmen's Association near Andover?  I'm not a member of either, but I have participated in rifle matches there.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Have you looked at Alliance Rifle Club near Malvern or Solon Sportsmen's Association near Andover?  I'm not a member of either, but I have participated in rifle matches there.
View Quote

I haven't mostly bc I was hoping to find somewhere closer than an hour, but I guess I might not be that lucky.

I got spoiled with my old club being 1 mile away
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 9 of 9)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top