Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2022 6:13:19 PM EDT
I will be out there for work for a few days. Anything that is a "must do" while I am there?  Planning for Angels game Wednesday and Dodgers on Friday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have time, hit the beaches.  I recommend Dana Strands, especially if you can go during the daytime on a weekday.  There's some free parking, and it is smaller and more isolated, which has meant smaller crowds when I was there, and it is a nice-looking area.  A lot less riff-raff venture up there as well, from what I could tell.  There's also a nature trail that takes you to the actual Dana Point (where ships used to load from the cliff, and the incident involving Richard Henry Dana occurred in the 1800s), although it is only open on some days (not on the day I went, sadly).  The trail can also take you to the other side, IIRC, where there are some nice restaurants and a marina, at which a Tall Ship is usually docked.  If you're going to be that close to the coast, you gotta hit the beach if you can.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Mission San Juan Capistrano.  Interesting, historic, nice gardens.  Some interesting eateries in the area.  The great cheap Mexican place across the street from the Mission is a barbecue place now.  Smells good but haven't eaten there yet.  There are a couple of blimp hangars in Tustin, not too far away.  Near Warner and the 55.  Huge buildings.  I think you can drive kind of near but no visiting?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have time, hit the beaches.  I recommend Dana Strands, especially if you can go during the daytime on a weekday.  There's some free parking, and it is smaller and more isolated, which has meant smaller crowds when I was there, and it is a nice-looking area.  A lot less riff-raff venture up there as well, from what I could tell.  There's also a nature trail that takes you to the actual Dana Point (where ships used to load from the cliff, and the incident involving Richard Henry Dana occurred in the 1800s), although it is only open on some days (not on the day I went, sadly).  The trail can also take you to the other side, IIRC, where there are some nice restaurants and a marina, at which a Tall Ship is usually docked.  If you're going to be that close to the coast, you gotta hit the beach if you can.

View Quote

Unfortunately the Tall Ship sank a couple years ago. Still a very nice harbor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a wonderful time in California. Got to see an Angels game, went to Laguna beach, and went to the Reptile Zoo in Fountain Valley and met Jay. The weather was perfect.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Good.  We're getting more gloomy mornings again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top