Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2022 7:31:07 PM EDT
My current 5-Year NRA membership (I have actually been a member for many years prior) is expiring soon, and I have been getting the usual "your time's running out" messages from them.  With all the crap exposed about the organization recently, I really don't want to end up throwing my money away by renewing.  At the same time, I would honestly hate to see the NRA just disappear, as some would have it.  After all, their history shows that their work has helped maintain our 2A rights for many years.  I guess I could skip a year or many, and rejoin once they prove themselves worthy...

Anyway, for the time being, I would appreciate recommendations regarding California-based and nationwide gun rights organizations that deserve my hard-earned dollars.  And, if you feel that the NRA still should be considered, I would appreciate your input too.  Thank you

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Renew with the NRA.

Join the California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA).

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Dump the NRA. Join 2AF or GOA.

Join CRPA.

Avoid FPC.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the suggestions.

At this point, I have joined the California Rifle & Pistol Association, and am considering the GOA.  As for the NRA, I am taking a "wait & see" approach at this time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#4]
CRPA and GOA are the only two worth anything.

One of the reasons I am so bitter with Ca and the 2A "supporters" and other gun owners in Ca is that very few are actually willing to do anything.  The NRA and the like are completly worthless.  I volenteered to collect signatures to help get a gun rights initiative on the ballot in 2014.  The stupid answers that people would give for not signing outside gun stores in SoCal were so retarded it made me realize that the state is a sinking ship as others have stated.  I have wasted countless hours trying to support bills, gather signatures and go to the rallies back in the day.  All worthless.  I am not putting anymore efforst into anything to support Ca and I laugh at the other states that pretend it's not their future as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dump the NRA. Join 2AF or GOA.

Join CRPA.

Avoid FPC.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I belonged to CRAPa (CA Rifle And Pistol association) when I was there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Avoid FPC.
View Quote

Why not FPC?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top