Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2021 5:25:44 PM EDT
Looking for an FFL in the Redondo beach area to box and ship a few handguns from an estate to an FFL in CT.

Any members with an FFL in the area?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it too expensive to ship them using a carrier other than USPS?  Or does CT require that FFLs only receive firearms from other FFLs?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The woman is not a gun person at all.  Just looking to help a very good friend get these too him packed properly. I believe CT requires an FFL to transfer?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The woman is not a gun person at all.  Just looking to help a very good friend get these too him packed properly. I believe CT requires an FFL to transfer?
View Quote

To transfer, yes.  But that just means it needs to be sent to an FFL.  What I'm not sure is whether or not CT requires the sender to be an FFL as well.  CT is that part of the country that manages to have even worse laws than CA.

If CT does not require that though (and Federal law does not require it, and nothing under CA law prohibits it), then she can send them directly to the CT FFL herself using a carrier other than USPS (only FFLs can use USPS for handguns), like Fedex, for example, assuming the CT FFL accepts shipments from non-FFLs (some do, with or without caveats, some don't).  Depending on the rates she gets for shipping, and what fees FFLs in the area charge, she may or may not save money doing it herself.  Probably a tad less hassle, but also hard to say.

Best bet is to see what the CT FFL says.  If he'll accept her shipment and the price is reasonable, I'd just do it that way if I were her.  If not, then shop for an FFL.  IME, some FFLs don't want to deal with this and will charge high rates to discourage people from using their services.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I'll pass along the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top