Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2021 2:08:20 PM EDT
Can someone explain to me why we don't have a continuous GoFundMe setup for people who get screwed like this guy did? I regularly donate to causes like this but it does no good if they plead guilty.

Link to slanted article

Hung admitted to participating in a multi-year conspiracy to make false statements to firearms dealers in Oregon and to illegally transport weapons to California. He provided cash to a co-conspirator in Oregon to buy handguns for him and to falsely state to being the actual buyer. The co-conspirator then delivered the firearms to Hung in California, prosecutors said.

Hung also admitted that he engaged in the scheme to obtain the weapons and evade California's firearms registration laws. He further acknowledged illegally possessing three unregistered short-barreled semiautomatic rifles, which authorities seized from his family's Lodi home last September.
View Quote

Hung, who was driving a customized Dodge pickup with vanity license plates reading "WAR R1G," accelerated toward an intersection where the protest was taking place, sounded a train horn installed on the truck, came to a stop, and then continued through the intersection, prosecutors said. As he drove past the demonstrators, Hung caused the truck to emit a large amount of exhaust in what is sometimes called "coal rolling."

The protesters scattered as the truck accelerated toward them, and no injuries were reported.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Go fund me for a guy running guns across statelines ?  
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go fund me for a guy running guns across statelines ?  
View Quote

You think there's something wrong with that?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why would you want to donate or be a part of that dumpster fire? He's making all CA gun owners look bad, including you.
View Quote

Because all gun control is wrong and I don't agree with it.

I don't really care if it makes me look bad I don't want anyone else to be by themselves fighting against bad laws.

That's my choice.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because all gun control is wrong and I don't agree with it.

Agreed.

I don't really care if it makes me look bad I don't want anyone else to be by themselves fighting against bad laws.

But he isn't "fighting" the laws, he is just flagrantly violating the State and Federal laws.  There is a HUGE difference.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I can understand that you guys are arguing for compliance on a site that requires you to.

It is out of the scope of some to be non compliant with the law. People have families, they're secure in their surroundings, and are perhaps getting on in their years. Fighting for some is just defined differently.

I will continue to support those who are not complying with any type of gun control. Not only non compliant, but flagrantly in direct opposition to it. If that means supporting someone who has been screwed by bad laws then so be it.

My money goes to individual court cases first and foremost. Not a gun rights group. It is going directly towards the safety of someone screwed by gun control. Not me losing 600 on my NRA life membership only to have paid for LaPierre's cufflinks.

I choose the person, not gun laws.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
  Straw sale.

Illegal importation into California.

Draws attention to himself at a protest with some dumb behavior.

And if he hadn't....he wouldn't have been on the radar, and would still be free.

Dumb ass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top