Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2021 6:27:06 AM EDT
Bid for and won a 1980-ish Ruger MKII pistol on gunbroker.  Didn’t stop for even a second to think that it’s not going to be on the roster, is never going to be on the roster.

No way out of this, is there?  Old pistols are just not something we can get anymore. Fuck me...I don’t know what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bid for and won a 1980-ish Ruger MKII pistol on gunbroker.  Didn’t stop for even a second to think that it’s not going to be on the roster, is never going to be on the roster.

No way out of this, is there?  Old pistols are just not something we can get anymore. Fuck me...I don’t know what I was thinking.
View Quote

Start here.....

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search?make=151002

And you must already have an FFL that is experienced with out of state transfers ....right ??

You should be calling that person and finding out exactly what your options are.

And FWIW....this is the kind of crap that out of state sellers hate....I mean REALLY HATE.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Start here.....

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search?make=151002

And you must already have an FFL that is experienced with out of state transfers ....right ??

You should be calling that person and finding out exactly what your options are.

And FWIW....this is the kind of crap that out of state sellers hate....I mean REALLY HATE.
View Quote

I totally get it.  I've done out of State transfers before, and my FFL is well experienced.  I've got three of these pistols, and they stopped making them almost 20 years ago.  There's no way they could ever get on the CA approved list at this point (my FFL phoned me several hours ago).
Totally my fault.  It just never occurred to me that a 35-year old target .22 pistol isn't cool to buy.  It didn't even cross my mind to check the registry.  Sonofabitch.

The seller was a gun shop in Pennsylvania.  They were very gracious about it; didn't even charge me a restocking fee (which I would have gladly paid: this is my fuckup).

What burns is that this gun was just...gorgeous.  Price was good.  And apparently too fucking dangerous for this State.

I don't know how I'm going to scratch my itch for one.  A stainless Ruger Mk II with a 5.5" barrel...they just don't come up for sale here, anymore.  I never stopped to wonder why I never saw them in LGSs anymore...that stupid fucking list
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Curios or Relics are exempt from the roster. But to be 50 years or older at this point means something made before 1971 at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top