Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2021 5:03:52 PM EDT
Miller v Becerra (CA AW ban) is scheduled to be heard tomorrow.  Go to 1:30 to hear him say it.  Judge Benitez,  bench trial.

THE CLOCK IS TICKING!!! MILLER V. BECERRA UPDATE

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Today's the day. We taking bets?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Will he make a ruling today or will he deliberate and come back with a ruling?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No one knows for sure.  Both sides present cases, possibility of motions and delays.  Could be over today, could be months. When both sides conclude I'm thinking he'll take his time and prepare a hard hitting and cogent ruling which will of course be instantly appealed and an injunction will be put in place in microseconds.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No one knows for sure.  Both sides present cases, possibility of motions and delays.  Could be over today, could be months. When both sides conclude I'm thinking he'll take his time and prepare a hard hitting and cogent ruling which will of course be instantly appealed and an injunction will be put in place in microseconds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I thought, but I see a bunch of people posting like there will be a  decision today.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

He could have had his decision written months ago. It might need revision based on what happens in court, but for the most part he long knew what the arguments were.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, no word yet.

I don't buy into it but there is speculation online that because of the three day President's Day weekend February 13, 14 and 15 that timing could play into it.  That's how we got Freedom Week and legally bought and imported millions of standard capacity mags, the dipshits couldn't respond fast enough.  However last year when Judge Benitez legalized online ammo sales on a Friday afternoon the dipshits stayed in their offices and worked late into the night and somehow filed an injunction (or whatever the fuck it was) stopping the practice at like 10:00 pm on a Friday.  

They can work wonders when it's a way to infringe on your rights.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw this update posted on Calguns:

We just spoke to our #FPCLaw team who informed us that the first day of the Miller hearing went well. The Court heard argument on several motions brought by the State and subsequently denied most of those motions.

Afterwards, the Court began to hear argument on the merits of the case, which ended early due to technical difficulties. The trial will resume Friday morning. We look forward to continuing to fight for the People and their rights.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
HOLD ON!!! Miller v. Becerra Trial Update!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope, no word yet.

I don't buy into it but there is speculation online that because of the three day President's Day weekend February 13, 14 and 15 that timing could play into it.  That's how we got Freedom Week and legally bought and imported millions of standard capacity mags, the dipshits couldn't respond fast enough.  However last year when Judge Benitez legalized online ammo sales on a Friday afternoon the dipshits stayed in their offices and worked late into the night and somehow filed an injunction (or whatever the fuck it was) stopping the practice at like 10:00 pm on a Friday.  

They can work wonders when it's a way to infringe on your rights.
View Quote

A couple hour window and there would be millions of full feature CA rifles.

Ammo is a different animal, it isn't possession but purchase.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Update:

Minute Order for proceedings held before Judge Roger T. Benitez: Bench Trial completed on 2/5/2021. Day of Trial 2. Denying 73 MOTION to Preclude Testimony of John R. Lott,; Granting in part and denying in part 75 In Limine MOTION to Preclude or Limit Testimony at Trial,; Denying 81 Ex Parte MOTION to Strike Document 77 Response in Opposition to Motion,, and Opposition to Plaintiff's Ex Parte Application to Permit Late Filing 79 ; Declaration of John D. Echeverria.The Court hereby apologies for the abrupt termination of the bench trial closing arguments, which was due to technical difficulties which the Court was unable to remedy. The Court appreciates all counsels' presentations. Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law are due no later than 2/16/2021. Cross-Designations are due no later than 2/23/2021. Plaintiff is ordered to file a list of excerpts of depositions for the Court to review no later than 2/10/2021. (Court Reporter/ECR Amanda LeGore). (Plaintiff Attorney John W. Dillon, Erik Scott Jaffe, George Montgomery Lee).(Defendant Attorney John Darrow Echeverria, Mark Beckington, Peter Chang, Jose Zepeda). (no document attached) (gxr) (Entered: 02/05/2021)
View Quote

Trial's over.  The ruling will issue sometime after the 23rd, or whenever all requested documents are submitted to the court, whichever comes sooner.  How long after that date, I don't know.  I doubt it'd be more than a few weeks.

These are the proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law from the plaintiffs (Miller, et al.):

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.casd.642089/gov.uscourts.casd.642089.88.0.pdf
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Now the wait...
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It will get over turned and then the state will request a stay and it will honored for 1 year or some shit like the mags.

Would love to be wrong but this state is fucked
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#14]
There is only one rational, practical, legal, constitutional outcome possible for this case.

That outcome is not dependent upon Benitez being the presiding judge.  Any rational, practical person concerned about our Constitution, concerned about our form of government, would reach that conclusion.

I await the ruling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top