BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2021 12:44:01 AM EDT
What:  First Sierra Nevada Battle Buddies Hike

When:  Sunday, 02/21/21 at 10:00 AM

Where:  Tom Cooke Trail in Reno, NV.  
https://goo.gl/maps/5UyJrUwtdqnUrd987
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/nevada/tom-cooke-trail

Who:  Anyone who is interested is welcome to join.  This hike is intended to meet the requirements for Provisional Candidate and/or Pioneer Candidate 3rd Class. Because of the suburban location of the trail, you will need to leave long guns and tactical gear at home (no plate carriers, excessive camo or morale patches.  We want to fit in with the other trail users and would ask you to plan accordingly.  If you are interested in simply joining us for the hike with no ruck or want to bring along a friend or family member who may not want to carry the weight, that is fine and we would be happy to have them join us as well.

Other details:  This trail is an easy 3.7 mile loop on a suburban trail in Northwest Reno.   This is an unpaved trail so plan on wearing sturdy boots and the trail may be wet/snowy/muddy this time of year.  Dress appropriately for the weather.  Plan to meet at the trailhead no later than 10:00 AM.  This event will happen rain or shine so please watch the weather and dress accordingly.

Participants planning on meeting hike requirements for APC ratings should plan on bringing a 35 pound ruck.  Those planning on doing the loop twice for 3rd class rating requirements should bring a 45 pound ruck to meet APC Standard Hike Conditions.  

While a RSVP is not strictly required, in order to be able to plan for this and future events, please email apc.sierranevada at protonmail.com if you plan to attend.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on the 21st.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
@Rigmarole

How did this go?  After action report?  Pics?

I was born and raised up there, and miss it every damned day of my life.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Rigmarole

How did this go?  After action report?  Pics?

I was born and raised up there, and miss it every damned day of my life.
View Quote

Thank you for checking back on the hike.  It went great.  I had a lot of interest leading up to the day - not everyone made it but it was a great start to grow from.

Perfect hiking conditions - sunny and cool without much wind.  The ruck weight was definitely a factor but did not diminish from the enjoyment of the hike.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top