Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 12:41:03 AM EDT
Anyone been, lived, or know about the area?
Company is bidding a job here,  and all I can say about it is it's desolate!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Desolate is right.  Haven't been through in years.  Ehrenberg in Az might be a consideration.  I believe the three industries are retirement and RVs, agriculture and prisons?  It's on the primary east west route between the population centers of Phoenix and Los Angeles, also to Prescott.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CA considers your campsite as your home away from home and you're allowed to carry in your campsite!
View Quote

Didn't know that, thanks for the info .
Looking at quail hunting on the BLM land,
seems that you don't need a permit or any BS stamps.
I'm assuming that it's all nontoxic shot though
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to work out there, at least freedom is only a couple hundred yards across the river. If you have to go, at least live in Ehrenberg or Parker. very very very small town, everyone knows everyone and has never left the little town. Nearly everything is boarded up and out of business. Only place to buy ammo is the hardware store. If you want anything you really need to drive to Indio, Parker, Havasu or Yuma. Theres some hunting, fishing, off roading and hanging out on the Colorado River. Im assuming Solar Job or Weed as those are about the only two things going on out there right now. Dennys and Sizzler are your only "Nice sit down places" unless you drive to quartzite for Pizza. Its truly a different world out there. One of my buddies is on city council out there and have some good buddies still out that way.  Most of the people are damn good people but its just so isolated the summers are brutally hot and a ton of bugs because of the agriculture. If youre gonna move out there and have a family be aware the schools have very very poor ratings. Feel free to PM me with any questions
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've pretty much said it all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Take up Gem and Mineral Collecting. That whole area of Southern California is some of the finest Rock Hounding in the Nation.
Quartzite is home to the largest annual G&M show on the planet when the tiny town grows to 5000x it size. Every RV in the country shows up for the fun.

Bob-
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m not sure you could pay me enough to live in Blythe - even for a temporary job.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Take up Gem and Mineral Collecting. That whole area of Southern California is some of the finest Rock Hounding in the Nation.
Quartzite is home to the largest annual G&M show on the planet when the tiny town grows to 5000x it size. Every RV in the country shows up for the fun.

Bob-
View Quote

Especially Eagle Mountain
If you have permission, or talk corporate into buying it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m not sure you could pay me enough to live in Blythe - even for a temporary job.
View Quote

Worked in 26 states in our great nation, it's all relative on what your expectations are.
Been through worse,  lived in better.
Not looking at Blythe proper, thinking about a man camp in the desert .
Need to resupply though,  and it's the shortest drive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:17:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I used to work out there, at least freedom is only a couple hundred yards across the river. If you have to go, at least live in Ehrenberg or Parker. very very very small town, everyone knows everyone and has never left the little town. Nearly everything is boarded up and out of business. Only place to buy ammo is the hardware store. If you want anything you really need to drive to Indio, Parker, Havasu or Yuma. Theres some hunting, fishing, off roading and hanging out on the Colorado River. Im assuming Solar Job or Weed as those are about the only two things going on out there right now. Dennys and Sizzler are your only "Nice sit down places" unless you drive to quartzite for Pizza. Its truly a different world out there. One of my buddies is on city council out there and have some good buddies still out that way.  Most of the people are damn good people but its just so isolated the summers are brutally hot and a ton of bugs because of the agriculture. If youre gonna move out there and have a family be aware the schools have very very poor ratings. Feel free to PM me with any questions
View Quote

@deputytrueblood
I'll definitely hit you up if we get the job!
Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:47:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Desolate is right.  Haven't been through in years.  Ehrenberg in Az might be a consideration.  I believe the three industries are retirement and RVs, agriculture and prisons?  It's on the primary east west route between the population centers of Phoenix and Los Angeles, also to Prescott.
View Quote

I’d guess the majority of people that nave been to Blythe have either been traveling from somewhere in California to somewhere in Arizona, or vice versa.  Anywhere that has signs saying “turn off your AC for the next X number of miles to avoid overheating” is probably not hospitable human life.

I googled “Home Depot Blythe” and got no hits.  That can’t be good.

ETA:  Come to think of it, every major entry/exit road in SoCal has a pretty desolate city just inside the border.  The 15 with Baker and Death Valley, the 40 with Needles and the 10 with Blythe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’d guess the majority of people that nave been to Blythe have either been traveling from somewhere in California to somewhere in Arizona, or vice versa.  Anywhere that has signs saying “turn off your AC for the next X number of miles to avoid overheating” is probably not hospitable human life.

ETA:  Come to think of it, every major entry/exit road in SoCal has a pretty desolate city just inside the border.  The 15 with Baker and Death Valley, the 40 with Needles and the 10 with Blythe.
View Quote

So, maybe there is a chance for a Guatemalan house keeper?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Naw, even the Guatemalans have some standards.  You could probably get a significant other of one the prisoners in the nearby prisons that is wanting to stay by her man, though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Edit
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#16]
FYI,  Ace hardware in Blythe has. 22,.22 mag, 20 and 12 ga lead shot,  30/06, and some. 45 acp
Even has a few pounds of reloader 10x
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a truck that fouls two spark plugs every time I am on that hill.  After replacement, they will not foul anywhere else I drive it until the next time I am on the hill.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thank's for that tip!

I left the 20-gauge ammo.
View Quote

No problem!
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Why not cross the river and live in freedom?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Extremely hot in the summer, cold in the winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top