Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2020 12:14:13 PM EDT
We are in the process of selling our house in FL wife has settled on moving close to our only child who has an Appt in LA and a house in Landers.  She is looking around Palm Springs. I won't have any AR's but will have 2 pistols which are not on the current CA approved for sale list. Does any gun I bring in have to be on the approved list?

What I have

Ruger Mark IV
Taurus Tracker 992

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as the pistol doesn't have a threaded barrel, you can bring it in. The list doesn't apply to you as a non resident, only people that already live here.

If you want to make money, bring some that aren't on the list. People will pay double or more for pistols that they can't get here.
View Quote

So I should buy few more Mark IV'S
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps see what pistols or revolvers Ca folks are lusting after.  Not sure how one might do that. But you can be a "personal firearm importer."  So while one could bring in their own off-roster handguns, one can't import
assault weapons," and I think there are some other prohibited firearms -Ca DoJ has details on those things.  Nor can one import magazines or feeding devices over 10 rounds capacity.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive lived in the Palm Springs area the past 15 years, if you need any info for around here PM me, happy to help. Hell, I'm selling my house soon maybe we can make a deal
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Well you'll enjoy the "dry" heat and won't have to worry about pythons in the local waterways.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So I should buy few more Mark IV'S
View Quote

Just a bunch of AR lowers and register them as "pistol" lowers on the Personal Handgun Importer form. Never know when you'll want to build an AR pistol or two; regular civi's can't buy [complete nor lowers for] semi-auto AR pistols off the shelf.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Palm Springs is about an hours drive to Landers.  Fort Mohave in Az is 3 hours.  I can't see any reason to move to Ca. with the US border being to close.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Palm Springs is about an hours drive to Landers.  Fort Mohave in Az is 3 hours.  I can't see any reason to move to Ca. with the US border being to close.
View Quote

I am 78 wife will be 70 next week at our age proximity to medical care is our prime drive in picking a location. Son wants us close so he can be there when we need help.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top