Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2020 4:48:36 PM EDT
Went out today in search of reloading supplies, and decided to run up there from Chino Hills.
First mistake was going right at the fork, into a prison? Opps
Next was getting peppered pulling into the lot? Hmm
While sitting there waiting for the reloading shop to open, I see a line around 20-25 deep just to get in the registration shack.
Also, while waiting, I notice the whole parking lot is getting peppered with birdshot, most noticeably a new Range Rover and Mercedes SUV.
Go in and make my purchase, come out and there is a AR that doesn't look all that Ca. compliant being waved around and an argument on the rifle? range.
Wholly crap, is it always that crazy here?
Shot 5 stand at Prado, and it was nothing like this zoo.
Kind of a culture shock for this bumpkin cheese head.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ASR is always packed on the weekends, plenty of gun owners here in SoCal. Most are happy to shoot at the range, which I'm glad they are.

Nobody cares about the AR if you get my hint, why there was an argument is beyond me. Just chalk it up to when assholes collide and get a coke.

If you plan on shooting there, my advice is to get there early. That way you don't get caught up in the zoo that shows up late.
View Quote

Ok, cool!
Only things I brought out are a .243 700, and a 642, didn't know if anything else was legal(shock waves excluded)
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, yours is a common misconception amongst many people.  

Here in California, you can legally have and use a properly configured AR in all its "assault weapon" glory accompanied by bazillions of "high capacity" magazines.  No one should be surprised by their presence, especially so at a shooting range.  It can still be compliant because of the most invisible of features, a piece of paper kept with the rifle in its gun case.  

Were an owner/user challenged regarding the legality, they should first ask for identification confirming the status as LEO.  If they are, you have to decide how you want to handle the situation.  Producing a copy of the assault weapon registration form is one option.  <-- I have never once been challenged by anyone.

If the questioner is not a LEO, they should be reminded to mind their own business and then you walk away.

Why were they arguing?  Who knows, who cares?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
@Trollslayer,
I don't know, and could give 2 shits, like I said I'm from Wi.
I was just there to buy some reloading componants, but the whole set up seemed kind of hape hazard.
Peppering vehichles in a parking lot dosen't seem all well...
If you guys enjoy it, more power to you.
Not meaning to piss in anyones Wheaties, just a casual observation.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Trollslayer,
I don't know, and could give 2 shits, like I said I'm from Wi.
I was just there to buy some reloading componants, but the whole set up seemed kind of hape hazard.
Peppering vehichles in a parking lot dosen't seem all well...
If you guys enjoy it, more power to you.
Not meaning to piss in anyones Wheaties, just a casual observation.
View Quote

By "peppering" so you mean birdshot raining down on the parking lot?  If so, yeah, that's not cool, a real liability for the range.

I'm not sure I've ever even been there, maybe once, a long time ago.  Enjoy it, HELL NO!  I'd have probably left.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

By "peppering" so you mean birdshot raining down on the parking lot?  If so, yeah, that's not cool, a real liability for the range.

I'm not sure I've ever even been there, maybe once, a long time ago.  Enjoy it, HELL NO!  I'd have probably left.
View Quote

Yes birdshot, probably from the 5 stand range, up on the hill.
While there(20 minutes), I heard about 4 "wingers" richocettes...
You all can have it, I've been shot twice and stabbed once.
It sounded like wedding night(Thursday) in Iraq
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought that place burned down
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to work next to a range in Corona and we had three pistol rounds penetrate the windshield of a customer whose car was parked in our lot and end up embedded in his car seat.  I was told it was not the first time something like that had happened.  There was a fatality there a couple of years ago, IIRC, due to an unsafe range layout.  Place was stupid expensive to shoot at and didn't even have very good facilities.

I'm really not that fond of going to the range, especially public ones.  BLM land is just so much better, especially if you have a spot that doesn't get the heavy traffic that the popular BLM spots do.  Most days I go I'm likely to be the only person I see (besides anyone who comes with me or meets me there) the whole day, and I can shoot to several hundred meters, unlike most public ranges out here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top