Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2020 2:51:29 AM EDT
Gonna try to frequent AR15.com more.

Mostly on CG but traffic there is dead
Took a stab at Redit/r/CalGuns and WOW...

Wondering if there is a specific forum to share CA featureless builds here.... I suspect I would get BLASTED if I tried to post in the general forums...

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
^ Agree. I remember when the rifle and handguns pages had dozens and dozens of topics. now they barely span a page.  I mostly pop in there to see what people are talking about, and browse the classifieds of course.

I recall one thread where the the topic is like "What direction should we take for calguns....etc".

I responded with something that I thought was legit advice, along the lines of: You guys should start embracing other platforms to promote such as IG, Twitter, and YouTube videos... you have guys like Reno May and Armedd Scholar that get so much traction because they are basically just adapting with the times... ie forums are basically old.

That didn't go too well - I thought it was legit feedback.

Anyways, I mostly just miss the build posts where you can see what other people are doing... perhaps I'll post a few up here (in the Hometown CA section).  I'm no spring chicken though, mostly just wanted to share what I've been working on with people understand what we're dealing with here in CA.

Appreciate it man.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol calguns, sad what happened to what was once a great resource and site for ca gun owners.  Welcome to the site.  Where in the east bay are you located?  NorCal needs a battle buddy thread where we can try and organize range trips or something.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol calguns, sad what happened to what was once a great resource and site for ca gun owners.  Welcome to the site.  Where in the east bay are you located?  NorCal needs a battle buddy thread where we can try and organize range trips or something.
View Quote

I'm here in Alameda county / San Leandro.

I usually drive down to BLM off 5/Panoche Rd exit these days and make a day out of it.

I miss Chabot - but once you start shooting steel plates, rapid fire, transition, run/gun, draw from holster etc... there's no replacement for public land unless you're renting a private spot.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I usually drive down to BLM off 5/Panoche Rd exit these days and make a day out of it.

I miss Chabot - but once you start shooting steel plates, rapid fire, transition, run/gun, draw from holster etc... there's no replacement for public land unless you're renting a private spot.
View Quote

You’re not to far from me, I’m out in Livermore and I believe there are a couple other members out this way.  I haven’t been down to PAnoche in years, it was getting kinda sketchy for a while, but this is BLM land season.  With all the other ranges getting closed down I’m going to have to make a trip somewhere at some point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You’re not to far from me, I’m out in Livermore and I believe there are a couple other members out this way.  I haven’t been down to PAnoche in years, it was getting kinda sketchy for a while, but this is BLM land season.  With all the other ranges getting closed down I’m going to have to make a trip somewhere at some point.
View Quote

How are things in Livermore? My son is going to be moving out there in a month or so.  Is stuff open or is everyone inside hiding from the rona?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How are things in Livermore? My son is going to be moving out there in a month or so.  Is stuff open or is everyone inside hiding from the rona?
View Quote

I’m in Livermore numerous times a week since I date a girl there.  Stuff isn’t open, ie indoor dining (or outdoor.)

That said if you know people, it’s pretty easy to get your hair cut and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stuff isn’t open, ie indoor dining (or outdoor.)...  That said if you know people, it’s pretty easy to get your hair cut and stuff like that.
View Quote

"Joe sent me.", the pass code to every speakeasy.  Is that what we've come to?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Joe sent me.", the pass code to every speakeasy.  Is that what we've come to?
View Quote

Pretty much.

I know people going to "speakeasy" gyms, hair salons, barbers, etcetera.

Numerous women I  know go to "illicit" yoga, pilates, gyms, etc.  They invite people word of mouth in studios with their windows blacked out.

I get my hair cut by a guy with a small shop, and since indoor personal care stuff was shut down again, he just told me to come around the back entrance to the shop instead of using the front door.  Said he was tired of being locked down and losing business.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Livermore/Pleasanton probably the 2 best cities in Alameda county.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

@secamp32 sorry just seeing this now. I don’t really know if I am the correct person to answer this question. We don’t really go “out” to do much, having a three year old makes it more effort than it is worth at the moment.  However, we live in downtown and go on walks as a family nightly and have been walking the main drag recently, all the restaurants are open in the sense that you can get food but none have indoor or outdoor dinning at the moment.  We do see plenty of people at the boxing gym and yoga studio, even saw a couple guys rolling at the jui jitsu place the other day. I don’t really know that status of gyms as I work out at home.

Less people out and about than say a month ago but I would say that has more to do with the weather and early sunset. Livermore is a great place to live. Significantly more conservative than most of the Bay Area.  When we first got back to CA and were living in Brisbane the contrast between the behavior there and Livermore was night and day so I expect it to return to a more relaxed atmosphere earlier than other areas. Once things open back up he will enjoy his time here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m also in Livermore should anyone want to meet for a beer or coffee PM me.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like we need to get an east bay arf meetup going.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seconded  

(Livermore also...)

Open to beer, coffee, BSing, range trip, hiking at Sycamore Grove/Back of Del Valle....

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome OP from the south side of the bay.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#16]
My son is looking at an apartment in the Mill Springs Apartments.  They look nice and are walking distance to a lot of stuff downtown.  Does anyone have any info about those apartment?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My son is looking at an apartment in the Mill Springs Apartments.  They look nice and are walking distance to a lot of stuff downtown.  Does anyone have any info about those apartment?
View Quote

We know people that live there, they seem to like it(friends of my sisters).  Railroad is a fairly busy street so I would personally try to get a unit not on railroad if that is possible. It’s on the “right side” of the tracks. It is right downtown so when things open up more he will have a pretty sweet setup and will be able to walk to anything he wants to do.  We live a couple blocks away and have never had an issues.  North of the tracks has some rough areas but it’s changing everyday.

Edit: some of my wife’s coworkers live there too and they also like it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
thx
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I grew up in Pleasanton, but made a run for the hills about 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t know anything about those apartments in particular but I can say that’s a great location.  Walkable to lots of good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't care for the rangemaster at Chabot.  John M. tried to Arock me and my boss laughed after I explained what happened.  F*ck John M.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm still an associate life member of the LPR&G.  Those were the days when they had running deer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:57:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Howdy howdy from across the bridge in SF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top