Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 4:28:17 AM EDT
I saw a local report on these guys that claim to help the BP spot illegal crossings along the border in San Diego County:
http://www.mountainminutemen.com/home.html

Take a look at their photos.  Some are a little and I don't see any success stories anywhere on the site.

Not sure what to think.  Wanted to ask here before unleashing GD on it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw a local report on these guys that claim to help the BP spot illegal crossings along the border in San Diego County:

Take a look at their photos.  Some are a little and I don't see any success stories anywhere on the site.

View Quote
Avoid GD and CA commentary encouragement.

In years past, there was relatively favorable commentary on certain Minutemen activities as spotters.  Spotting and reporting I could support, anything more than that could encourage the cross-threaded to slip off the reservation in to activities that would be counter to the interests of normal gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Take a look at their photos.  Some are a little
View Quote
I don't get it. I'm not seeing anything weird.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nothing like passing judgement on folks that are out there actually doing something..... while you sit on your ass....

_
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing like passing judgement on folks that are out there actually doing something..... while you sit on your ass....

_
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

_
On the contrary, friend, I want to do something to help the situation and found out about this group.  I'm trying to learn more about them and one of several approaches is to see if anyone here knows.  The only thing I was getting at with the was that most of the pics look more like a gun show than informative depictions of what they do and any successes they may have had.

So with that said, do know anything about them you can share?  Or do you have any organized efforts people can join?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On the contrary, friend, I want to do something to help the situation and found out about this group.  I'm trying to learn more about them and one of several approaches is to see if anyone here knows.  The only thing I was getting at with the was that most of the pics look more like a gun show than informative depictions of what they do and any successes they may have had.

So with that said, do know anything about them you can share?  Or do you have any organized efforts people can join?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

_

He's in Washington trying to keep snowbirds out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's in Washington trying to keep snowbirds out.
View Quote
I'm currently in Vista Ca about 50 miles due north of the mexican border.
I'm born and raised in San Diego.
I've camped and off-roaded from Calexico to Otay mtn when the only fence there was a 3 strand barbed wire fence separating the 2 countries.

Y la familia de mi novia viene de Culican y Sinaloa.

If you want to feel like your  making a difference, go check out that group and do it....then decide if it's for you.
Maybe bring in some outside experience or skills that they can use to further expand their capabilities....like operating a drone for example.

Or sit on your ass and do nothing.

_
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
What can civilians do?  Is it just observer status?

Will law enforcement work with civilians?  Do the two groups have ways to communicate with each other?

Will ICE/DHS/BP respond to info sent in by civilians?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What can civilians do?  Is it just observer status?

Will law enforcement work with civilians?  Do the two groups have ways to communicate with each other?

Will ICE/DHS/BP respond to info sent in by civilians?
View Quote
Yeah, the website is a little vague in terms of just how they assist the agencies.  Once I have a spot of time I plan to contact them with some questions.  I'll report back anything I find out.  Or anyone here that has a little time could, for that matter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm currently in Vista Ca about 50 miles due north of the mexican border.
I'm born and raised in San Diego.
I've camped and off-roaded from Calexico to Otay mtn when the only fence there was a 3 strand barbed wire fence separating the 2 countries.

Y la familia de mi novia viene de Culican y Sinaloa.

If you want to feel like your  making a difference, go check out that group and do it....then decide if it's for you.
Maybe bring in some outside experience or skills that they can use to further expand their capabilities....like operating a drone for example.

Or sit on your ass and do nothing.

_
View Quote
 Sure you are.  Out holding the line and forcing movement?  Wearing your soldier suits while you do it?

And are you here permanently?  Or leaving again?  My family has been here from over 140 years, and some in Vista/Escondido for over 70 years.  So I'm not overly concerned about what some newb in a piddly ass wannabe operator troop has to say.

Donde esta Culican?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Culiacan esta en Sinaloa.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Culiacan esta en Sinaloa.
View Quote
Si, es verdad, pero no dice Culiacan, dice Culican.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top